Download Folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...drive_web#list
Changes Made to nook_1_2_update.zip:
- Busybox and init.d support.
- Forced all rendering to be done on the GPU.
- Chainfire3D drivers added.
- Kick Ass Kernelizer
- fixalign -ZipAlign & Fix Permissions on boot.
- vac - Runs SQLite VACUUM & REINDEX to optimize databases
- improved rendering of images and text.
- OptiPNGed and Zipped all system apks.
- Plus many improvements taken from this thread and many others.
- Write CWM to a 2GB SD: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1360994
- Download the modified nook_1_2_update.zip - 126 MB firmware and place it onto the SD you just wrote CWM to.
- Place SD into NST and boot device.
- Wipe all user data/factory reset and install nook_1_2_update.zip
- Take out SD and boot device.
- Setup Wifi and log into your B&N account.
- Format SD and place what you want to enable onto it:
- ReLaunch-ONLY - This will replace the Home with ReLaunch.
- ReLaunch+Apps - This will replace the Home with ReLaunch and includes Cleanmaster, Calculator, Clearscreen, Email, ScreenRotator & Opera Mini.
- EpubBrowser-ONLY - This will replace the Home with EpubBrowser.
- EpubBrowser+Apps - This will replace the Home with EpubBrowser and includes Cleanmaster, Calculator, Clearscreen, Email, ES File Explorer, ScreenRotator & Opera Mini.
- USB-Audio+FastMode+Host - This will enable USB Sound and USB Host + FastMode. Also enables ROOT/SU
- SuperUser - Enables ROOT/SU
- init.d+busybox. - Not needed for this ROM.
- Apps&Games_for_NST - A collection of working apps and games for the Nook. Just unzip and sideload them.
- Place SD into the NST and reboot the device
- While booting push and hold the lower left and the lower right buttons until you see CWM
- Now Install what Home you want to use. EpubBrowser or ReLaunch and any other modules.
Once everything is installed leave it for about 5 minutes to let the device optimize all the apps and get everything setup (it will probably reboot).
The B&N Welcome screen will flicker. Tap the power button to get rid of it.
Tip: To bring up the list of apps installed in EpubBrowser, swipe a clockwise circle starting at 10 O'clock.
Once everything has settled down open the NookColor Tools app and un-tick then tick Non-Market apps so you can side load apps.
To be able to download apks from the Play Store and side load them onto the Nook, use this site: http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/
Remember the Nook is running Android 2.1 Éclair (API level 7), so any apps needing a newer version of Android won't load.
You can also grab this package of apps I put together that work with the NST:
Here is a video of my personal setup:
What I enabled:
- nook_1_2_update.zip - This is just an optimized version of the default UK ROM with init.d+Busybox.
- EpubBrowser+Apps.zip - This will replace the Home with EpubBrowser and includes Cleanmaster, Calculator, Clearscreen, Email, ES File, ScreenRotator & Opera.
- USB-Audio+FastMode+Host.zip - Also enables ROOT/SU - Install this after logging into your B&N account. If you install it before you won't be able to register with B&N.
If you have under 50% battery life the USB sound dongle will cut out. So make sure you have plenty of battery life.
Thanks to :
latuk for the Kernel.
NFHimself for the EpubBrowser home screen.
antsm for Extended power menu
ИΘΘK¡€ for AndroNook Settings