Originally Posted by 7ymekk
The drivers are not an issue as the dmesg (linux tool) shows nothing, like no device is connected. It should show something. I thought that there is some hack for this or possibility to connect with JTAG or something. I will send it back to the seller.
i have exactly the SAME problem as you described with my tv box (i think it is T-R42 because it has bluetooth)
Also i have the stock rom , and also i bought the tv box from an aliexpress seller
Normally i keep it in operation (was about a week i didn't turn off it)
yesterday morning i found it powered off,
and when i try to power on it pressing the button,
the button light stays on for a few seconds, then it (and the device) turns off
Yesterday night i connected the tv box to my pc via otg cable.
When connected to the pc via otg, the light stays on.
Connecting the usb cable to the pc, and pushing the reset button under the tv box, my pc detects rk31sdk device, then asks to install drivers for it
Choosing automatic search of drivers, my pc find drivers for 'MDB device' and istall them... and the process ends correctly
But after a few seconds, windows finds another time the 'new hardware', and asks to install drivers... and so on
(I dont know if in this phase i did some wrong action, this evening i will try to find and install the right drivers...)
Then i downloaded the software for my tv box, including the Rockchip updater (RKAndroidTool.exe) and latest custom rom from wasser (forum freaktab.com) :
Then i lauched the RKAndroidTool:
the first time it didn't find the device, so i tried to disconnect the tv box, reconnect it and press the reset button under the tv box
In that way, the RKAndroidTool detected the device.
I Clicked Erase IDB, and seems it worked find, endings OK
Then i selected all the software : Loader, Parameter, Misc, Kernel, Boot, Recovery, System and clicked 'RUN'
The process started, i saw:
Testing device: OK
Flashing Ram... OK
So i was happy, i thought i solved my problem...
instead i solved nothing, the device still had the same behaviour as before (the same as you described)
So i repeated the process, selecting only one update at a time, (only the Boot , only the Recovery, only the System etc)
The process seems always to work ok, because it ends with OK
But the tv box didn't change behaviour, the same problem remain
I noticed that sometimes during the update process the message 'Found RKAndroid Loader Rock USB' changed to 'NOT FOUND',
so i had to retry pushing the reset button to make it be found
I dont know how RKTool works, i have the suspect that messages tells OK also if it do nothing ...
this evening i will retry, installing the right drivers...