FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HOW TO] Convert AT&T/Rogers/T-Mobile HTC One to EU International One

344 posts
Thanks Meter: 106

By xeni, Senior Member on 9th July 2013, 03:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR PHONE GETS BRICKED

PLEASE THANK ALL THE DEVELOPERS THAT SPEND TIME TO CREATE ALL THE TOOLS THAT ALLOW US TO PERFORM THIS, I ONLY FOLLOWED THEIR INSTRUCTIONS TO GET THIS ACCOMPLISHED

I got tired of waiting for AT&T to release updates for the HTC One and now that we have S-OFF and SuperCID I decided to look into converting my HTC One into an International edition so that I can flash an international ROM and receive OTAs more rapidly.

I would love to flash ARHD, Trickdroid and etc, however I use my phone for work and our security software will detect if the phone is rooted or has a modified OS installed so I needed to stick to stock in order to pass all security checks.

HISTORY

v9.0 - 10-26/2013
You can upgrade to 4.3 with Sense 5.5 by changing cid to HTC__Y13
You will receive an offer for 25GB Google Drive (It worked on mine)
Even though you can change your CID back to AT&T/Rogers/T-Mobile the 4G LTE icons will not restore unless you have root per another user.

v8.0 - 9-6-2013
Add information on how to convert a T-Mobile Phone. Follow the link to the post that explains what you need to do as a T-Mobile user before you can convert.
Update htcone.zip with the correct zip to convert CID & MID
-Thanks me_rashad

v7.0 - 9-4-2013
USB 3.0 users please see the note below otherwise this will not work
-Thanks striderr05

v6.0 - 8-23-2013
Added instructions and updated htcone.zip in order to restore to original at&t software and etc. I have had issues with my phone locking up since I received it and now that I am back from vacation I am getting a warranty replacement so I figured this would be a good time to get this updated with restore instructions.

v5.0 - 7-15-2013
HTC__001 4.2.2 is now live, no need to change CID to HTC__Y13
Updated a few more steps to be clearer and added steps missed
--Thanks yyl

v4.0 - 7-14-2013
Add rogers.zip within the HTCONE.zip so now you can convert the Rogers HTC One edition to International Edition
Renamed PN0710000.zip to att-standard.zip now that we are converting AT&T and Rogers
--Thanks to Pitrick for uplading the rogers.zip

v3.0 - 7-13-2013
Added all steps on this page for easier to follow instructions
All credit goes to developers - please follow the link and give them a thanks
Added another link for RUU download

v2.0 - 7-12-2013
Fixed step 5 and removed step 4
Also updated HTCOne.zip to include updated PN0710000.zip
--Thanks sagarsamtani

v1.0 - 7-9-2013
Initial Release

USB 3.0 NOTICE

If you have a computer with USB 3.0 please follow this link on how to setup your fastboot in order to follow the instructions below:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2256359

T-Mobile Users Perform this before continuing to step 1

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=243

Follow these steps

1. Download the EU RUU for the HTC__001 (RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_HTC_Europe_1.28.401.7_Radio_4A.13 .3231.27_10.31.1131.05_release_310878_signed.exe

Thanks to Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2207874

Thanks to link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=41764571

2. Download the attached htcone.zip and extract to C:\htcone (this zip contains all the files that you need to perform all the steps)

The att-standard.zip in the HTCONE.ZIP is only for users with a standard AT&T HTC One phone. If you have a developer edition you will need to update the android-info.txt file with the correct info as described by the developer in step 4.

Also the rogers.zip was provided by Pitrick from a standard rogers model, if the CID, MID, and Main-Version don't match what you currently have please update the android-info.txt according to the developer in step 4.

3. Follow all the steps below in order. (if you receive a failed to map memory error, this is due to your phone locking the screen, please unlock your phones screen...this drove me nuts for 30 minutes until I figured it out reading it in the forums for S-OFF).
a. Open a command prompt and navigate to the c:\htcone directory
b. type
Code:
adb push revone /data/local/tmp
adb shell
cd /data/local/tmp
chmod 755 revone
./revone -P
c. At this point you should receive a success message please reboot your phone as instructed by revone. If this step fails please follow the link to the developers forums for troubleshooting guide.
d. Open a new command prompt as described in step a and perform the following commands
Code:
adb shell
cd /data/local/tmp
./revone -s 0 -u     **If you see a success message type exit
If you see a success message, please execute the command below,
otherwise troubleshoot the issue by going to the revone forums
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
e. You should now see that you are S-OFF

**The revone file is already included in the zip (as of 7-13-2013) from the developers forum post, however as time passes and the developer updates the revone executable I would recommend getting the file directly from the developers forum post.

Thanks to Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2314582

4. Next we will need to change the MID, please follow the instructions carefully. I have already create the proper zip and modified the android-info.txt file to what it needs to be and added it to the att-stanrd.zip or rogers.zip (Thanks to Patrick) which is included as part of the HTCONE.zip file.
a. Type the following commands
Code:
adb reboot bootloader   **if you are already in bootloader mode, skip this step
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip att-standard.zip or rogers.zip
b. At this point the HTC One will get stuck at about 3/4 completed. Please reboot your phone and now you should see the gray HTC one logo or the screen will be gray, continue to next step.
Code:
fastboot oem writemid PN0710000     **Should receive success message
fastboot oem writecid HTC__001     **Should receive success message
Thanks to Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2322820

5. This is where I had my heart attack, after following those instructions I was no longer able to bootup my phone and when I tried to reboot it, it would just shutdown and not show anything on the screen. It turns out you need to power on the phone each time it turns off and goes black.

6. Startup the phone (unless you are already in fastboot mode) so you are back in fastboot mode and execute the command below.
Code:
fastboot getvar all
You should now see that your CID, MID and Main-Version have changed to as follows:
Code:
version-main: ATT: 1.26.502.12 / Rogers: Will add soon
modelid: PN0710000
cidnum: HTC__001
Thanks to link which has a good breakdown on the difference MID versions for the HTC One http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2223236

7. a.At this point you should still be in fastboot mode. Now launch the RUU that you downloaded in Step 1 and follow the instructions. The RUU will start the install and this is where I thought I was bricked (see #5 above) because the RUU would start performing tasks and the phone would reboot but the screen would go black and the first time I let it sit there for a while and it eventually timed out stating that it couldn't connect to the device. But what needs to be done is that the two times the phone gets rebooted and shutdowns you actually need to hold the power button for a few seconds until the phone turns on and you see the gray HTC logo.

WHEN THE RUU SAYS WAITING FOR BOOTLOADER, PLEASE POWER-ON THE PHONE

If you pay attention to the upgrade process you will see that the RUU will flash a new bootloader and other system files. Please let this install completely and your phone will bootup after completion.

b.
At this point you will need to decide whether you want to continue with a locked or unlocked bootloader. Because once you upgrade to 4.2.2 with hboot 1.55 you will not be able to use revone and you will only be able to follow the official lock/unlock procedure from HTCDEV.

To lock the bootloader follow the revone steps above but issue the following command:
Code:
./revone -l
Thanks to Pitrick and sagarsamtani for bringing this up.

8. a. As of 7-15-2013 HTC__001 is receiving 4.2.2 update so there is no need to change to another CID.

9. Note that under Settings -> About -> Tell HTC and error reporting there is a message stating that this is a test device, I found the following forum about it but haven't pursued it any further since I haven't noticed any issues so I am not currently concerned. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317567

10. HTC__001 turns out doesn't have the 4G LTE logo, so thanks to Nick281051 I changed my CID back to CWS__001 and I was able to see the LTE Icon again. Follow the steps from step 8 in order to change your CID. Thanks to Pitrick please change your CID on the rogers phones back to ROGER001 in order to get the LTE icon.

RESTORE BACK TO AT&T ORIGINAL .12 STOCK
These instructions are just a high overview instructions because if you already converted then you won't have an issue following these basic ones by looking at complete instructions above.

1. Revert CID to HTC__001
2. Flash the RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_HTC_Europe_1.28.401.7_Radio_4A.13. 3231.27_10.31.1131.05_release_310878_signed RUU
3. In fastboot flash the att-standard-backtooriginal.zip
4. a.
Code:
 fastboot oem writemid PN0712000
b.
Code:
 fastboot oem writecid CWS__001
5. Flash the RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_Cingular_1.26.502.12 RUU
6. fastboot oem writesecureflag 3 **to go back to S-ON (See original post from developer about how to perform this if you are unsure)
Attached Files
File Type: zip htcone.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.70 MB, 1313 views)
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to xeni For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xeni Ad-Free

9th July 2013, 03:42 AM |#2  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 18

More
thank you for how to .....does anyone have link to euro rom with faster downloads ....this one is gonna take 5 hours lol
9th July 2013, 03:48 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Check the forums since there are 2 separate websites to download from and one them I was getting 1MB/s.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
9th July 2013, 06:57 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 15

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeni

FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR PHONE GETS BRICKED

This is a WIP Guide so I will update this as much as I can to make it as easy as possible so before you continue please make sure that you are comfortable with the instructions. I spend over 6 hours trying to figure this out so I may have missed a step that I have not added below. So I would strongly recommend that you set aside a few hours to follow this in case something comes up.

4. Change your CID to HTC__01 by following this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317536, you should only have to execute the following command "fastboot oem writecid HTC__001" without the "". **NOTE: Those are two underscores between C and 0.

PLEASE THANK ALL THE DEVELOPERS THAT SPEND TIME TO CREATE ALL THE TOOLS THAT ALLOW US TO PERFORM THIS, I ONLY FOLLOWED THEIR INSTRUCTIONS TO GET THIS ACCOMPLISHED

Step number 4, change CID to HTC__01 or HTC__001 ??

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 AM ----------

So ... Official 4.2.2 running without issue with this process on At&t one?

9th July 2013, 07:11 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarsamtani

Step number 4, change CID to HTC__01 or HTC__001 ??

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 AM ----------

So ... Official 4.2.2 running without issue with this process on At&t one?

Sorry that should have been HTC__001, I will update. So far I have been running it for 24 hours without any issues.
9th July 2013, 09:07 PM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sorry that should have been HTC__001, I will update. So far I have been running it for 24 hours without any issues.

Bro... Regarding step 9:
So you were able to successfully install official RUU 1.28.401.1 and then you got OTA of version 1.28.401.12 ..ok you installed that OTA...
Then you changed the HTC__001 to HTC__Y13 ... And once you did a reboot , you got 2.24.401.1 ( 4.2.2 ) OTA and u installed that ...all went good.. Right ??

9th July 2013, 09:17 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarsamtani

Bro... Regarding step 9:
So you were able to successfully install official RUU 1.28.401.1 and then you got OTA of version 1.28.401.12 ..ok you installed that OTA...
Then you changed the HTC__001 to HTC__Y13 ... And once you did a reboot , you got 2.24.401.1 ( 4.2.2 ) OTA and u installed that ...all went good.. Right ??

I got prompted for a small 8MB file and it rebooted my phone, once the phone came back I got the 4.2.2 OTA prompt.
The Following User Says Thank You to xeni For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xeni Ad-Free
9th July 2013, 09:27 PM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I got prompted for a small 8MB file and it rebooted my phone, once the phone came back I got the 4.2.2 OTA prompt.

Thanks... I am trying it now

9th July 2013, 09:30 PM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
By the way ..do u see any battery improvement on 4.2.2...
I already get nice battery on 4.1.2
How abt 4.2.2?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1373401806081.jpg
Views:	1453
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	2104423  
9th July 2013, 09:36 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Hard to tell because I haven't used it yet like I did before the upgrade since I have been restoring files and etc. I will know more towards the end of the week. But really battery usage varies from person to person, if you use your phone to play games like real racing 3 you will get a lost less battery where as you would just use your phone to browse websites. s
10th July 2013, 12:02 AM |#11  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 18

More
So has anyone else done this ...want to ...but that mid part is scary to me lol I'm a newb

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)