I really hate asking such noobish questions but I'm seriously thinking about rooting my phone to get added features. But I'm really afraid to! I don't want to flash any ROMS to it but want added functionality that some apps have to offer.
Here's my short list of concerns:
1) Will I hurt my phone?
2) When there is an OTA update to my device what do I do. I heard people talk about it but never really paid much attention since it didn't concern me.
3) Will doing so take up more storage? The device only has 16GB and I try to keep at least 7GB free.
4) How much of a degree in rocket science will I need to do this? I'm an IT professional but I work with mainframe technology (very large systems). I'm not afraid of downloading and running trusted software and am very good at following directions.
5) If I root my phone when do I have to unroot it?
6) And last but not least where do I find out how to root my device?
I appreciate the help/advice! I just have to be careful I don't have the extra cash to go buying a device if I brick my current phone!
Again .. thank you much in advance!
BTW I'm running a Nexus 5 16GB and my carrier is Sprint.