FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Review of Don Scorpio Dolphin premium headphones w/lots of pics!!!

3,379 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,612

By vectron, XDA Ad-Free Senior Member on 22nd February 2014, 04:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
removed.
The Following User Says Thank You to vectron For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vectron Ad-Free

22nd February 2014, 08:00 AM |#2  
This headphone looks like it references Bose a bit:

And you might want to keep an eye out on this part here:

Other than that, it seems like a great headphone for the price! Is it ported? The back of the earcup looks like it has a vent in it.
6th March 2014, 09:19 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Just wanted to say I can't get enough of these headphones. They hands down beat Senns, B&W, V-Moda, Monster, and other heaadphones in $300+ range. I thought Sennheiser Momentum over-ear was the reference in quality for closed back over-ear headphones, but Dolphins destroy those in sound quality. Just my humble opinion
10th March 2014, 02:16 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can I connect another headphone to this headphone
If me and my friend need to listen to one phone, Can my friend connect through this headphone or what ?

Since there are two jacks on the headset, one on the left and the other on the right, can I connect another headphone ?

If so, is the sound volume decreased or not ?
10th March 2014, 03:10 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mido_ameer

If me and my friend need to listen to one phone, Can my friend connect through this headphone or what ?

Since there are two jacks on the headset, one on the left and the other on the right, can I connect another headphone ?

If so, is the sound volume decreased or not ?

Yes, they have so called share-play where you can daisy chain headphones playing from one source. I do it sometime when my wife and I watch a movie on laptop. The volume level stays the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to vectron For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vectron Ad-Free
12th March 2014, 06:46 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
I know I'm a bit obsessed with these headphones, and for a good reason lol!!! But anyway, I was checking for something else on tvc-mall and noticed they dropped the price on Dolphins down to $110.
24th April 2014, 05:54 AM |#7  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Colors?
Can't seem to find a listing for the Blue, Gray or Black versions?
As the other colors that I can find (Pk, Lg, Wh, Lo) are not what I would want.
24th April 2014, 04:15 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twsecrest

Can't seem to find a listing for the Blue, Gray or Black versions?
As the other colors that I can find (Pk, Lg, Wh, Lo) are not what I would want.

TVC mall only has that "ocean" color. But when I got the 2nd one from them, it was actually blue. Haven't seen any other colors beside pearl white.
21st June 2014, 08:14 PM |#9  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 477

More
Info
Looks precisely like what Im looking for. 2 questions:

1: How is the bass compared to the beats?

2: Have you tried the Marshall Monitors? If so, how do these stack up? I was about to buy the Monitors, but then I saw this and it peaked my interest.
22nd June 2014, 09:58 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Never heard Marshall Monitors; also those are not as highly discussed on head-fi? In comparison to Beats, Dolphins will have a lot better separation/layering of sounds where Beats just overpower/saturate and spill into lower mids. Dolphins will definitely have more details across the entire frequency range, though neither Dolphins nor Beats will have natural tones when it comes to upper mids where your vocals are sitting. But you get used to it. Audio Technica ATH-M50/50x will deliver a more accurate sound, thus they referred to as studio monitors (with enhanced bass) to provide a more accurate monitoring.
22nd June 2014, 10:16 PM |#11  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 477

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectron

Never heard Marshall Monitors; also those are not as highly discussed on head-fi? In comparison to Beats, Dolphins will have a lot better separation/layering of sounds where Beats just overpower/saturate and spill into lower mids. Dolphins will definitely have more details across the entire frequency range, though neither Dolphins nor Beats will have natural tones when it comes to upper mids where your vocals are sitting. But you get used to it. Audio Technica ATH-M50/50x will deliver a more accurate sound, thus they referred to as studio monitors (with enhanced bass) to provide a more accurate monitoring.

Im looking for something like the Audio Technica ATH-M50x but portable as I will use them for a few applications, one of which will require an inline mic. What can you recommend?

Also, the Monitors have been discussed quite favorably on head-fi. Apparently they are regarded as a worthy successor to the Majors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)