Post Reply Email Thread
15th April 2014, 12:25 PM |#11  
Flag Taipei
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarlSX

Got my watch today...

Language selection is limited to chinese/english, no other options.

Build version of the firmware: M28_KHR.CN1.V007

Will add more info when i know more!
(any questions are welcome)...

I've got the same watch few days ago too,
The initial version of firmware is M28_KHR.CN1.V008
And then, I ask the 2 different versions of firmware from the vendor to see if any new feature or improvement,
The only difference I've found so far is the backlight timeout value can be changed,
Are you interested to take a look?
Attached Files
File Type: zip M28_KHR.FN2.V002.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.85 MB, 13796 views)
File Type: zip M28_KHR_CN1_V011.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.96 MB, 12649 views)
File Type: zip MTKUSBdriver_v1.0948.0.zip - [Click for QR Code] (223.0 KB, 15834 views)
File Type: zip FlashTool_v5.1308.00.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.92 MB, 14250 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alexcc59 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alexcc59 Ad-Free
15th April 2014, 05:34 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Eindhoven
Thanks Meter: 103

More
thanks @alexcc59 for those files!

will have a look, being able to set the screen timeout it the first of many changes this watch needs

did you also get a newer version of BTNotifier?
i have v1.3.21 right now

edit: there's two versions of the firmware? one chinese and one english? or what is the difference?

and how do i get this thing to go into flash mode?
16th April 2014, 06:20 AM |#13  
Flag Taipei

More
Quote:

thanks @alexcc59 for those files!

will have a look, being able to set the screen timeout it the first of many changes this watch needs

did you also get a newer version of BTNotifier?
i have v1.3.21 right now

edit: there's two versions of the firmware? one chinese and one english? or what is the difference?

and how do i get this thing to go into flash mode?

Yes, I already got that APK too.
As I tried,
The M28_KHR.FN2.V002 firmware support English, French...ETC, total 13 languages, build date: 2014/4/2,
And the M28_KHR_CN1_V011 firmware only support English & Simplify Chinese, build date: 2014/4/9,
But I don't exactly know what's the difference except language support.
I figured out the flashing procedure by myself,
If you want to try, you can follow the steps below~

1. Install driver.
2. Switch on and connect the watch with standard micro-USB cable.
3. Run the "Flash_tool.exe" as administrator.
4. Loacate the 2 files then press the "Download" button as the attached picture.
5. Swith off the watch then it will start to flash automatically.
6. Do not interrupt the process until it finished.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ex.jpg
Views:	15022
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	2689193  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alexcc59 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alexcc59 Ad-Free
16th April 2014, 09:32 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Eindhoven

More
so which version of the btnotifier apk do you have?

managed to update the firmware, thanks!
i'm fine with english, so i picked the CN V11 version

noticed these changes:
-2 extra clock faces, 1 digital and 1 analog
-as you already mentioned, the screen timeout setting
-interaction with phone seems quicker, like loading the phone book and accessing the camera

sadly the screen timeout setting only adds more time to the period where it's in power save mode, the time it's in full brightness is still only 4.5-5 seconds, that should be selectable as well

a real deal breaker is that i can't dial out with my phone and have audio on my phone, i should be able to choose by dialing/answering with either watch or phone

it's like hands free always on, unacceptable

it also still disconnects if i switch off both phone audio and media audio

so will wait for another firmware to try again
16th April 2014, 12:52 PM |#15  
Flag Taipei

More
Quote:

so which version of the btnotifier apk do you have?

The same as yours

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Quote:

a real deal breaker is that i can't dial out with my phone and have audio on my phone, i should be able to choose by dialing/answering with either watch or phone

it's like hands free always on, unacceptable...

Which phone do you use?
In my case, I use HTC One M7,
I can choose which device to call/answer in dialer,
Just press the same button as speakerphone then choose while calling,
And I also unchecked the audio streaming option in bluetooth setting on my phone,
Then it will not playback via the poor speak of the watch
The Following User Says Thank You to alexcc59 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alexcc59 Ad-Free
16th April 2014, 01:50 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Eindhoven

More
see sig, HTC Butterfly s

so you can choose audio on the watch, but i want audio to be on the phone if i use the phone's dialer

they really need to add native facebook/twitter/gmail/whatsapp support to the BTNotifier, useless otherwise, i want to see content on the watch
23rd April 2014, 05:01 PM |#17  
Flag eindhoven
Thanks Meter: 3

More
first smartwatch
Hey guy's I was thinking about buying this watch as well. I have never had one before.
I would love to easily change the song, which my phone is playing through my earbuds. Is this possible with this watch? or can I only change songs and play them from the speaker? Also I don't really get if you guys already solved the fact that you could not pick up your normal phone while the watch is connected?

but most important of all I wan't to be able to have both my phone and my smartwatch on vibrate/silent. I am a student and can't have my phone making any sounds during class.
Is there someone who can answer these questions for me? I have found a good deal for this watch on internet and want to order quick
thanks in advance!!

peace
23rd April 2014, 10:10 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Eindhoven

More
well, the Smartwatch 2 does all that, and has a way better screen, AND displays content of messages, which this one doesn't, for most things anyway

the SW2 is a lot cheaper now, so i would advise buying that one

or if you're not in a hurry, wait a couple of months a see what's available then
The Following User Says Thank You to JarlSX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JarlSX Ad-Free
24th April 2014, 06:28 PM |#19  
Flag eindhoven
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

well, the Smartwatch 2 does all that, and has a way better screen, AND displays content of messages, which this one doesn't, for most things anyway

the SW2 is a lot cheaper now, so i would advise buying that one

or if you're not in a hurry, wait a couple of months a see what's available then

thanks for the advise! The sony watch is to expensive for me tough.
Is the smartQ Z1 a good alternative? As far as I can see it looks similar as the SW2 and is cheaper. less than €70,- including shippingcosts to holland. it is 12.2mm thick which is quite ok as well.

24th April 2014, 06:38 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Eindhoven

More
yeah the Z1 is a good alternative, runs android so has all kind of options, they even managed to run Android Wear on it

check the Z1 topics in this subforum

i was going to buy The Z1 as well, but as i have already preordered the HOT Watch as well, i thought it was a bit overkill

this U-watch is a waste of money, that's for sure
2nd May 2014, 03:54 PM |#21  
Flag Marsac
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I've just received this smartwatch and i can say that is quite good for it's price (35€ on aliexpress)

BLuetooth connection seem good with my Huawei ascend P6 on kitkat

Notification works well (only information)
4 clocks faces

I've change the firmware with this one : M28_KHR.FN2.V002 (because it's support french language) before it was M28_KHR_CN1_V012 and everything working good.

Can someone send a link for the firmware to see if there are some updates ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)