[Q] lg g pad over heating

Search This thread

ragequit24

Feb 22, 2014
Recently I bought the device ,it worked great at first how ever now it tends to heat up too much and because of that the device writes a message in which registered over heat turning off Because of extreme Temperature the device turns off.
does this problem happens to you too ?

Maduro78

Nov 24, 2013
This is the first I've heard of it but you obviously have to return it for abother pad. Even with the aluminum back mine only gets warm at the most

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: ragequit24

ragequit24

Feb 22, 2014
This is the first I've heard of it but you obviously have to return it for abother pad. Even with the aluminum back mine only gets warm at the most

it happens only when i am trying to benchmark it , have u tried it and what version is your device bcz i think its a software problem .

DonDizzurp

Aug 15, 2009
The Internet
I've only noticed the device getting hot when I benchmarked it over and over again to sort of stress test it. From regular use it does get warm (all devices do, including cell phones) but I've never had overheating problems.

Reactions: ragequit24

DonDizzurp

Aug 15, 2009
The Internet
This just happened to me last night. It auto turned down the brightness and said it was overheating. I was not doing that much.....I wonder if the battery is going bad....

Can we get more info?
- how long were you using the tablet? few minutes? few hours?
- what were you doing on it? videos? games?
- when did you purchase it and from what country?

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

Um, don't do that then? ;)

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk

Just foget the benchmark :rolleyes:
You bought a tablet just to benchmark it :eek:

LOL yea not sure why he's putting the fault on the tablet. All devices will heat up from excessive benchmarking.
Although, during my stress testing it did get hot but didn't give me any errors or shutdowns.

Can we get more info?
- how long were you using the tablet? few minutes? few hours?
- what were you doing on it? videos? games?
- when did you purchase it and from what country?

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

LOL yea not sure why he's putting the fault on the tablet. All devices will heat up from excessive benchmarking.
Although, during my stress testing it did get hot but didn't give me any errors or shutdowns.

I was not using it that long. Less than 1 hour, just doing some surfing, a little candy crush. I am in USA. The battery power was less than 25% when this happened.

erwaso

Apr 1, 2011
West Side
I was not using it that long. Less than 1 hour, just doing some surfing, a little candy crush. I am in USA. The battery power was less than 25% when this happened.

Mine gets warm after an hour of gameplay and stays warm until i stop lol. I DO NOT get the warning message though. It's normal to get warm but if you get that message constantly then exchange it.

predictablyerratic

Jan 11, 2012
Greensboro, NC
This is the first time it ever happened. I am on Stock, rooted.

Mine has done this before while playing riptide. I had my brightness at 95% and it turned it down and had a toast warning. I really think it is the design of the tablet and this can happen if you push the tablet hard at full brightness. I haven't seen it since. This was back in December so I wouldn't be too concerned If it doesn't become a normal occurrence. I have owned many android tablets and this one definitely runs the hottest.

manikkumar20

Mar 8, 2011
iris504qdevelopment.blogspot.tw
I have the same issues guys... this tablet has design issues. If you charge while using WIFI boom u got over heating. also without charging normal usage will trigger overheating i have recorded temp going more than 70 Degrees until it shuts by itself.
I had replaced my tab once but the new unit has the same issue.!
Any fixes so far?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I've only noticed the device getting hot when I benchmarked it over and over again to sort of stress test it. From regular use it does get warm (all devices do, including cell phones) but I've never had overheating problems.