FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Odin to flash .ZIP

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Hexabuild, Junior Member on 23rd February 2014, 02:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi just a quick question it says in the instruction that I shouldn't use .zip file link to the instruction: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1773659, how can I install this recovery-skyrocket-6037.zip?

Here is the link for the tut that I follow: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ghlight=how+to
 
 
23rd February 2014, 04:54 PM |#2  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 5,150
 
Donate to Me
More
You can only flash the zip in a custom recovery. If you don't have a custom recovery you need to install it with Odin. You'll need a .tar.md5 recovery file to flash in Odin.

Sent from my Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jd1639 Ad-Free
23rd February 2014, 05:18 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

You can only flash the zip in a custom recovery. If you don't have a custom recovery you need to install it with Odin. You'll need a .tar.md5 recovery file to flash in Odin.

Sent from my Nexus 5

The instruction says to use this version of recovery-skyrocket-6037.zip the only problem is that it is in .zip format, does this recovery has a version of .tar.md5? Or an alternative recovery file that I can install using Odin to install the kikat custom rom? Thanks for the reply and help.
23rd February 2014, 05:41 PM |#4  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 5,150
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexabuild

The instruction says to use this version of recovery-skyrocket-6037.zip the only problem is that it is in .zip format, does this recovery has a version of .tar.md5? Or an alternative recovery file that I can install using Odin to install the kikat custom rom? Thanks for the reply and help.

Use this in odin ] This will install twrp custom recovery. Once installed then flash (install) your recovery zip in it.

The recovery.tar.zip needs to be extracted with 7-zip.

EDIT, I edit this post to remove the the dev host link. DO NOT use the dev host file. Use the.tar.zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip recovery.tar.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.62 MB, 386 views)
23rd February 2014, 06:29 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Use this in odin ] This will install twrp custom recovery. Once installed then flash (install) your recovery zip in it.

The recovery.tar.zip needs to be extracted with 7-zip.

EDIT, I edit this post to remove the the dev host link. DO NOT use the dev host file. Use the.tar.zip

Thanks! got it working, how do you remove the other custom recovery?
23rd February 2014, 06:34 PM |#6  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 5,150
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexabuild

Thanks! got it working, how do you remove the other custom recovery?

Just flash the one you posted. It'll replace the one that is there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727
24th February 2014, 08:07 AM |#7  
xcrazydx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,196
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexabuild

Thanks! got it working, how do you remove the other custom recovery?

Flash over it

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
1st March 2014, 05:42 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
hotheel subscrip
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrazydx

Flash over it

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=Just flash the one you posted. It'll replace the one that is there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727[/QUOTE]

Okay thanks guys!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes