FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Upgrades and other devices discussion here

38,836 posts
Thanks Meter: 54,235

By KennyG123, Moderator Committee / Spider-Mod on 5th September 2013, 08:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Please use this thread for upgrade and or other other devices discussion.

Be respectful of others in doing so. Thanks
24th February 2014, 11:04 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Aaa... I didnt saw this one. So I post my post here:

So Samsung made their S5 water resistant. Is Samsung going to release S5 Active?

I hope there will be S5 Active and future Actives toi. I really like hardware buttons and LCD screen. No typical AMOLED burned pixels.

What do you think? Will you move to S5? Me not. I like my S4 Active.

Are ee becomming new ui? I hope so, I saw small improvement s that helps uu and it looks less ugly. I want slow montion live hdr and focus change for oyr S4A.

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9295 przy użyciu Tapatalka
25th February 2014, 07:20 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewa12321

So Samsung made their S5 water resistant. Is Samsung going to release S5 Active?

Doubt it, why would they?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewa12321

What do you think? Will you move to S5? Me not. I like my S4 Active.

No, for the following reasons:

My phone's already water resistant and dust resistant.
I already have a 3000mah (zero lemon) battery (200mah larger than S5).
I don't want a finger scanner or heart rate sensor.
While the processing power would be nice, my phone (with CM10.2 and other tweaks) already benches higher on AnTuTu than any other devices average (except phablets). Should last me a while.
While I would really like a better camera, I usually have a DSLR on me anyway, and this wasn't my main concern last time either.
No real design changes?
Is there any other hardware changes at all?

I will miss the updates and wider support that it would achieve though, but I'm willing to wait for a Note 4 for that.
28th February 2014, 07:38 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiskael

Doubt it, why would they?

No, for the following reasons:

My phone's already water resistant and dust resistant.
I already have a 3000mah (zero lemon) battery (200mah larger than S5).
I don't want a finger scanner or heart rate sensor.
While the processing power would be nice, my phone (with CM10.2 and other tweaks) already benches higher on AnTuTu than any other devices average (except phablets). Should last me a while.
While I would really like a better camera, I usually have a DSLR on me anyway, and this wasn't my main concern last time either.
No real design changes?
Is there any other hardware changes at all?

I will miss the updates and wider support that it would achieve though, but I'm willing to wait for a Note 4 for that.

S5 is like an inch upgrade of S4 Active, of course, with all the high end AMOLED, camera MP.. Basically that's it. S4 is cheaper and works well, especially coupled with some nice custom roms. BTW.. the 3000mah battery, the brand name is zero lemon??? Samsung doesn't have a larger capacity battery for S4 active.
The Following User Says Thank You to vanyel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vanyel Ad-Free
2nd March 2014, 09:58 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanyel

S5 is like an inch upgrade of S4 Active, of course, with all the high end AMOLED, camera MP.. Basically that's it. S4 is cheaper and works well, especially coupled with some nice custom roms. BTW.. the 3000mah battery, the brand name is zero lemon??? Samsung doesn't have a larger capacity battery for S4 active.

Yes, the brand name is Zerolemon
11th March 2014, 09:02 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Maybe?

The lack of development for this phone hampers it. My old SGS3 was better. It still works, but when it fell a year ago, it was cheaper to upgrade then to get the screen replaced.

I like the active, but the recent upgrade has broken more things than it fixed. I miss having changing out roms and being able to customize.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using xda app-developers app
14th March 2014, 11:15 PM |#7  
Flag Sremska Mitrovica
Thanks Meter: 5

More
good
is cyanogen mod working for s4?
15th March 2014, 09:32 AM |#8  
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 2,015

Donate to Me
More
Ive ported the at&t 4.3 stock rom to the i9295 but 3 things not working

WIFI and Ril (calls ,messages,etc)

Camera

hope i can upload a test build soon !
The Following User Says Thank You to mythi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mythi Ad-Free
17th March 2014, 09:32 PM |#9  
Flag Frankfurt am Main
Thanks Meter: 49

More
I had every top model from top manifacturers.Note 2/3,S 3/4,Mega 6.3,Nexus 4/5,XPZ,Padfone 2,One...and now return to Active for second time.For me its perfect.Top phone with no scare from BBQ,home and care repairs... I can use it with dirty hands and finaly both washed,its so easy!
11th April 2014, 01:37 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Not Likely
After the appalling support the S4A has received from Samsung I will be changing to a Google nexus device or HTC. If it weren't for the likes of Spelgelius / Mythi / LeJay I'd be throwing the active in a deep dark river....

I'm lucky in that I get an upgrade every 8 months or so by passing down my phone to my lad, who then passes his to my wife.... Everyone gets a NEW phone... just mines the newest!!
22nd April 2014, 02:20 AM |#11  
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydogger

After the appalling support the S4A has received from Samsung I will be changing to a Google nexus device or HTC. If it weren't for the likes of Spelgelius / Mythi / LeJay I'd be throwing the active in a deep dark river....

I'm lucky in that I get an upgrade every 8 months or so by passing down my phone to my lad, who then passes his to my wife.... Everyone gets a NEW phone... just mines the newest!!

Are you talking support accessory-wise? I mean, it shares many things with the s4 like the battery, and the software just upgraded to 4.4.2, so I'm not sure how that is appalling. The only one "official" accessory I wanted to see was a wireless charging back. Le sigh.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)