Thanks Meter: 54,281

By KennyG123, Moderator Committee / Spider-Mod on 5th September 2013, 08:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th April 2016, 11:28 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisapoorusernamechoice

No, there is no way to upgrade the i537 to marshmallow. STOP POSTING THE SAME QUESTION TO 10 DIFFERENT THREADS. You have no idea how irritating that is. If you had bothered using the search function, you might've come across this useful post (I found it in 10 seconds): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=573

Edit: REALLY??!! You're posting this question to Galaxy S5 threads now, how could you possibly think that would get the answer you're looking for??

And you posted this dumb cookie cutter post to a Galaxy S3 forum thread, dude take the time to learn how to use this forum correctly, this is juvenile behavior.

To elaborate, the i537 cannot be upgraded to marshmallow because there has been no official marshmallow release for this specific phone (and almost certainly never will be). This means a custom rom with a custom kernel would be required to run marshmallow, but the bootloader is locked down on this phone and unlockable. A locked bootloader means you simply cannot install a custom kernel on this phone, it will not boot if you try. Only custom roms that can run on the stock kernel can work on this phone; marshmallow will not run on the stock 5.0.1 (lollipop) kernel, therefore this phone cannot run marshmallow. This is why locked bootloaders suck

Thanks for the info
Sorry for the reposting, just needed some answers, I'm amateur
5th April 2016, 11:43 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hello people
could you please help me
what can i do with my s4 active to make battery last longer?
i am not sure if only the battery is already old or is lollipop draining it more than it shoud?
i have lollipop official
should i downgrade to kitkat?
which one, official too?
should i root?
i would like to be able to block apps from going online, currently i am using no root firewall.
i would also like not to have any problems with custom roms
thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)