FORUMS

SGH-I467 AT&T ROOT Method - SUPER EASY

80 posts
Thanks Meter: 47

By TheDogman, Member on 25th February 2014, 12:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey everyone!

I keep reading over and over and over the same questions: HOW CAN THIS NOTE 8 BE ROOTED?

It is very simple actually and takes a few seconds and ZERO flashing. I have read super complicated methods and this one I present to you below is BY FAR the absolute easiest. I have done this myself on dozens of Note 8's. It works perfectly every single time.

1. Download and install "SafeRoot".
2. Unpack it.
3. Run "install.bat".
4. Reboot Note when script finishes.

ENJOY FULL ROOT after a few seconds of time.

I hope this helps the many people I have read about asking how to root this nice little device.

Click thanks if this helps you out! (maybe this will be a "sticky" post so many can be helped)

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to TheDogman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheDogman Ad-Free
25th February 2014, 04:30 PM |#2  
Flag Pamplona
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thumbs up Thanks!
GREAT!!!

Thank you very much!
28th February 2014, 07:36 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks!
This worked fine for me, and was, as described, SUPER EASY. i was able to de-bloat, but cannot find anyway to move apps to the ext SD card, as I hoped. Any suggestions?
The Following User Says Thank You to derekderekderek For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift derekderekderek Ad-Free
1st March 2014, 10:31 AM |#4  
Flag Saipan
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Ok, I rooted my i467 the hard way....but, do you any news on the custom recovery yet? Thanks,
31st March 2014, 08:17 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDogman

Hey everyone!

I keep reading over and over and over the same questions: HOW CAN THIS NOTE 8 BE ROOTED?

It is very simple actually and takes a few seconds and ZERO flashing. I have read super complicated methods and this one I present to you below is BY FAR the absolute easiest. I have done this myself on dozens of Note 8's. It works perfectly every single time.

1. Download and install "SafeRoot".
2. Unpack it.
3. Run "install.bat".
4. Reboot Note when script finishes.

ENJOY FULL ROOT after a few seconds of time.

I hope this helps the many people I have read about asking how to root this nice little device.

Click thanks if this helps you out! (maybe this will be a "sticky" post so many can be helped)

SafeRoot attachment seems to be removed. Can you please mirror the file?
1st April 2014, 12:33 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 201

More
Saferoot.zip - Here it is!
Quote:
Originally Posted by virus154

SafeRoot attachment seems to be removed. Can you please mirror the file?

I have placed it on another thread as well, but I forgot which one... So here we go again.
Attached Files
File Type: zip saferoot.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.09 MB, 4612 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gooberdude For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gooberdude Ad-Free
1st April 2014, 02:01 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberdude

I have placed it on another thread as well, but I forgot which one... So here we go again.

You're the best!
7th April 2014, 07:18 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unlock or Root First?
Quote:

My Note 8.0 is AT&T branded, and I'm thinking about unlocking it. Does it matter if I root it ft first or unlock it first?

Where would you recommend for buying the unlock code?
7th April 2014, 01:37 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by original_sc

My Note 8.0 is AT&T branded, and I'm thinking about unlocking it. Does it matter if I root it ft first or unlock it first?

Where would you recommend for buying the unlock code?

I rooted first with saferoot.zip.

and later performed the unlock. There are a few online unlockers. I prefer one that does not ask for personal information and uses paypal. Just an email and IMEI number. They are all about the same cost. I cannot remember who I used, but I chose the mid price option for 1 to 2 day responce, though I got the unlock codes within an hour.
7th April 2014, 03:14 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

I rooted first with saferoot.zip.

and later performed the unlock. There are a few online unlockers. I prefer one that does not ask for personal information and uses paypal. Just an email and IMEI number. They are all about the same cost. I cannot remember who I used, but I chose the mid price option for 1 to 2 day responce, though I got the unlock codes within an hour.

Thanks for your response. If you don't mind more questions -

1. Would rooting the Note 8.0 make the devise eligible to install Samsung Premier Suite?
2. I presume the saferoot.zip folder should be downloaded to Note 8.0, so no cable is involved. Right?
3. Would unlocking the device mean I'll be able to use sim cards from European and Asian GSM carriers and use the Note 8.0 for tethering?

Thanks again for you kind response.
7th April 2014, 04:04 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by original_sc

Thanks for your response. If you don't mind more questions -

1. Would rooting the Note 8.0 make the devise eligible to install Samsung Premier Suite?
2. I presume the saferoot.zip folder should be downloaded to Note 8.0, so no cable is involved. Right?
3. Would unlocking the device mean I'll be able to use sim cards from European and Asian GSM carriers and use the Note 8.0 for tethering?

Thanks again for you kind response.

No, the saferoot.zip is unzipped and ran from the Windows based PC, and you will need the Samsung charging cable to connect.

As for using UK, Canadian, and Asian GSM networks. You will need to load a modem file manually, and if using wifi edit the database with sqlite to the region and channels you are running. For example, US will have nothing listed for channels. To get 14 channels, you can change to JP and 14, and will work everywhere, even in the states.

I have not gotten that far with manually loading the modem file as of yet.

Once you root with saferoot, you may opt to install the Rootcloak app from play store, and install the needed substrate driver, it will tell you when you setup rootcloak.

Any app that does not work with root can be added to rootcloak's white list. I have not found any issues with it and it works very well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)