59 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

By raidel00, Member on 25th February 2014, 08:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th February 2014, 12:54 PM |#21  
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 627

More
You can always hope for the best. But when it comes to AT&T, I always expect the worse. I highly doubt old root methods will work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

26th February 2014, 01:54 PM |#22  
Flag Kingsland, GA
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Lightbulb Sit back and wait.
Don't get caught up in the flood of "I can has root?" that is inevitably going to happen. The best advice anyone can read going into a major update is "Sit back and wait for the bug/kinks to get ironed out and a stable root method to be achieved." When/if it happens. It WILL be posted on XDA. No need to ask for it like the other 100,000 noobish lemmings are going to do.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kirbee213 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kirbee213 Ad-Free
26th February 2014, 05:07 PM |#23  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 21

More
My phone is working great. A question to all of the XDA experts.... would you recommend that I do a factory reset after installing the update to KK?
26th February 2014, 05:14 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
I just got an update notification. So it is live. I'm in centeral texas.
26th February 2014, 05:43 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 843

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demodave

My phone is working great. A question to all of the XDA experts.... would you recommend that I do a factory reset after installing the update to KK?

If it's working great, don't mess with it.
26th February 2014, 06:00 PM |#26  
Flag North Waterboro
Thanks Meter: 350

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jherring002

I just got an update notification. So it is live. I'm in centeral texas.

Pulling down the update now, I'm in Maine. Says it's 417.66 MB in size.

Hold on to your butts as ATT is looking to have their way!

EDIT: Update went without a hitch, doing a factory reset on the phone to shake out any upgrade bugs. :-0
26th February 2014, 07:33 PM |#27  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 10

More
4.4.2 Update
Coming Thru now 13:33 CST USA
26th February 2014, 07:48 PM |#28  
Flag Lexington
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Pulling down the 4.4.2 update Now. Used the change the time trick to keep checking for updates.
26th February 2014, 07:53 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 304

More
There seems to be a root fix available for the Intl version. Not sure it works for us.
26th February 2014, 08:08 PM |#30  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demodave

If you are already on stock MK2 and are upgrading to NB1 without any sort of root, custom recovery, etc. doing a factory reset after installation is a personal choice. It varies between person to person depending on what apps you use and the like.

If you fit into one of the categories, your want to follow the "guide" below.

1. Are you rooted?
2. Custom Recovery? Safestrap?
3. Custom ROM?

In these cases your need to use Odin to reflash the stock MK2 files which will of course put your phone back to stock TW 4.3 along with erasing your data. So if your planning to take the plunge into KitKat be sure to backup your data, including your SD card (or remove it). After returning to MK2 head to the Software Update section of the phone and have it search for it and you ought to be good to go.
26th February 2014, 08:14 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Installed. Had a few glitches. It actually deleted a few apps that I had to reinstall and took a long time initially to read my SD card, messed with a few of my widgets. Nothing really major, just little annoyances. Make sure, that once it is fully installed and goes through optimizing everything to go ahead and reboot manually to clear out any left over upgrade files and clear the memory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)