So guys i was trying to deodex a ROM via kitchen and i had the abort .*odex and none of the files got deodexed ? I tried googling but didnt find a solution anywhere .. Then i figured it on my own .. I would like to share it with you all
1. First Download the latest stable smali and baksmali .jar from here : https://code.google.com/p/smali/downloads/list
2. You smali and baksmali name should be in the format baksmali-x.x.x.jar and smali-x.x.x.jar ( x.x.x - version number for eg mine in 2.0.3)
3. Copy the baksmali-x.x.x.jar and smali-x.x.x.jar to
(Drive- which ever consists cygwin):\cygwin\home\(user :what even is your name)\kitchen\tools\deodex_files )
4.Using notepad ++ , open use_this_version.txt in deodex_files folder replace the number whatever is there in the beginning with x.x.x - the
version of your latest smali and baksmali jar
6. Open Kitchen and try to deodex, it should work fine ...
SOME SOLUTION SCREEN SHOTS :
And i know i have made a typo - lastest for latest!