Nokia X Launcher Apk

143 posts
Thanks Meter: 93
 
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello XDA Developers,

Today I have seen a lot of Buzz going around on Nokia X Threads and extracted this Apk file from the Nokia X System apps and tried installing it too on Galaxy Grand, Guess What ? "The Launcher Stopped Working" for I ran it. Maybe there's something wrong with the resolution, maybe it needs for modification to use it on other devices.

So, I was looking for a Dev who could understand this APK and edit it and see if he/she can make this Launcher.apk as a working apk for almost all devices (if possible). See if anyone can fix coz some people want this Launcher on their device (including me )
Attached Files
File Type: apk Launcher.apk - [Click for QR Code] (568.2 KB, 52072 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mrtoxicgamer10 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mrtoxicgamer10 Ad-Free
1st March 2014, 11:24 AM |#2  
fonix232's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 560
 
Donate to Me
More
Unfortunately this would require significant modification of either the apps or the phone framework. Just a small snippet of the errors I found:

Code:
03-01 12:21:53.674: E/AndroidRuntime(20087): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
03-01 12:21:53.674: E/AndroidRuntime(20087): Process: com.proto.launcher, PID: 20087
03-01 12:21:53.674: E/AndroidRuntime(20087): java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: android.os.storage.StorageManager.<init>
03-01 12:21:53.674: E/AndroidRuntime(20087): 	at com.proto.launcher.apps_menu.AppsMenuPage.onCreate(AppsMenuPage.java:315)
As you can see, we're missing a function here, something that can't just be added and bam it works.This will need a serious workaround, possibly exclusions of huge chunks of the launcher, to even get it to start.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fonix232 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fonix232 Ad-Free
1st March 2014, 11:26 AM |#4  
Mrtoxicgamer10's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 93
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonix232

Unfortunately this would require significant modification of either the apps or the phone framework. Just a small snippet of the errors I found:

Code:
03-01 12:21:53.674: E/AndroidRuntime(20087): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
03-01 12:21:53.674: E/AndroidRuntime(20087): Process: com.proto.launcher, PID: 20087
03-01 12:21:53.674: E/AndroidRuntime(20087): java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: android.os.storage.StorageManager.<init>
03-01 12:21:53.674: E/AndroidRuntime(20087): 	at com.proto.launcher.apps_menu.AppsMenuPage.onCreate(AppsMenuPage.java:315)
As you can see, we're missing a function here, something that can't just be added and bam it works.This will need a serious workaround, possibly exclusions of huge chunks of the launcher, to even get it to start.

Maybe someone is read to work on it We will just leave it here. Whoever fixes these things and make it run, he will be popular in NO TIME :P
1st March 2014, 11:27 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Seems like it lacks some essential libraries.
Two of the missing types are com.android.internal.app.FastlaneNotification and com.android.internal.app.IFastlaneNotificationServ ice.
1st March 2014, 11:29 AM |#6  
Mrtoxicgamer10's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 93
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minions_Army

this launcher deodex or odex?

It's deodexed. I think so.
1st March 2014, 11:30 AM |#7  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 5,266
 
Donate to Me
More
Can you tell me where did you get the system dump from?

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda app-developers app
1st March 2014, 11:32 AM |#8  
Mrtoxicgamer10's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 93
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityShooter

Can you tell me where did you get the system dump from?

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda app-developers app

From this thread :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2662702
1st March 2014, 11:36 AM |#9  
Mrtoxicgamer10's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 93
 
Donate to Me
More
I did some decompile thing with this Launcher. Maybe that's the reason. Newly and untouched extracted Launcher.apk is attached below. See if it works.
Attached Files
File Type: apk Launcher.apk - [Click for QR Code] (568.2 KB, 5963 views)
1st March 2014, 11:55 AM |#10  
fcjan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 235
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrtoxicgamer10

I did some decompile thing with this Launcher. Maybe that's the reason. Newly and untouched extracted Launcher.apk is attached below. See if it works.

FC on HTC One, 4.4.2
1st March 2014, 12:23 PM |#11  
CPVideoMaker's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrtoxicgamer10

I did some decompile thing with this Launcher. Maybe that's the reason. Newly and untouched extracted Launcher.apk is attached below. See if it works.

Force close on nexus 7 (grouper) on rastakat 4.4.2
I am going to try installing it as a system app.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nokia x, nokia x launcher

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes