By daniel_hk, Recognized Contributor on 1st March 2014, 12:00 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
21st January 2015, 08:34 PM |#151  
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Mobile Data
Greetings,

Loving the Slim Cat ROM. This is the best my little Tab 7.7 has ever performed.

I understand that the "Known issues #3" indicated that mobile data is not working. However, I wonder if any Verizon users have figured out a way to get this working.

Any advice is welcome.

Doug M.

22nd January 2015, 12:33 AM |#152  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Make Verizon work - Oh yes
1. Wipe everything in recovery.
2. Install latest Omni 4.4.4 and slimgapps.
3. Boot and get a verizon connection.
4. reboot to recovery and install the new slim with no wipeing.
5. reboot
you will get a clock error ( once no biggy ) at boot up try 4g mine is working fine.
If you do a data wipe from this point you should lose the connectivity ability so dont do a wipe. OMNI WORKS BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!
Will see if I can get a slim to load by itself fresh and still connect - that way no omni needed - will post if succeed
3rd February 2015, 11:42 PM |#153  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
very nice to see that this tab has still support Daniel you keep it alive!
Would you recommend this rom? I have "stock" 4.1.2 rom but it is so laggy after some time... Is this the fastest (lightest) rom?
4th February 2015, 03:39 AM |#154  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 5,309

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyteddy92

very nice to see that this tab has still support Daniel you keep it alive!
Would you recommend this rom? I have "stock" 4.1.2 rom but it is so laggy after some time... Is this the fastest (lightest) rom?

Which better is a subjective question.
You better make a backup in recovery and try it yourself.

Residuals grows in dalvik and cache.
If your device become lagging, it's time for you to wipe the caches.
After that a clean dalvik cache will be rebuilded in next boot.
Fstrim (the app LagFix) can also help to reorganize the sdcard.

Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free
20th February 2015, 03:53 PM |#155  
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this, but here goes...
I just installed SlimKat on my 7.7. Very nice ROM! However, I use my tablet in the Samsung Keyboard Dock (ECR-K18AWEBXAR) quite a bit. The problem is that SlimKat doesn't recognize the keyboard for several things. Such as: I have a PIN setup on my lock screen. The numbers on the keyboard don't work for that, I have to tap them on the screen. That's not a big deal. More of a big deal is the back button on the keyboard doesn't work at all. Some of the other special function keys don't work either, such as the toggle-on-screen-keyboard button and the microphone/speech-recognition button.

I went in to the Language & Input settings and I see that the only keyboard present is the Android Keyboard (AOSP). If memory serves, in the stock ROM there are two Samsung keyboards. Does anyone know how I can install those Samsung keyboards into SlimKat?
20th February 2015, 05:08 PM |#156  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 5,309

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom2112

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this, but here goes...
I just installed SlimKat on my 7.7. Very nice ROM! However, I use my tablet in the Samsung Keyboard Dock (ECR-K18AWEBXAR) quite a bit. The problem is that SlimKat doesn't recognize the keyboard for several things. Such as: I have a PIN setup on my lock screen. The numbers on the keyboard don't work for that, I have to tap them on the screen. That's not a big deal. More of a big deal is the back button on the keyboard doesn't work at all. Some of the other special function keys don't work either, such as the toggle-on-screen-keyboard button and the microphone/speech-recognition button.

I went in to the Language & Input settings and I see that the only keyboard present is the Android Keyboard (AOSP). If memory serves, in the stock ROM there are two Samsung keyboards. Does anyone know how I can install those Samsung keyboards into SlimKat?

Cm and other custom roms disabled the hardware keyboard. To test if this cause that, you may try my cm-12 first. I have an alternative method inside.
The Following User Says Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free
20th February 2015, 05:14 PM |#157  
Singapore
Thanks Meter: 3

More
14 Feb 2015 version - video now ok
Installed 14 Feb version. now HW decoder for video works fine. Youtube app, embedded video in web and FB, HW in MX player, all working fine. Thank you.
Few random reboot.
22nd February 2015, 04:58 AM |#158  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Now use Duo Roms this Rom wth CM12 ...
16th April 2015, 12:10 PM |#159  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Play Store
Hi.

I installed ROM and mini GAPPS from SlimROM page. Play Store is working, but I cant download.
Says not enough storage, but more than 5 GB are free.
Tried to clear play store cache. What can I do?

Works fine after clean flash. Thanks
11th July 2015, 08:49 AM |#160  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Music stops playing randomly on all 4.4.4 roms
Hear it's due to broken ime switcher.
Anyone got a work around?
Only way I got around this by resetting the sd card
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread