FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][4.4] Official OmniROM Nightlies for N8000/N8010/N8013

1,023 posts
Thanks Meter: 606

Post Reply Email Thread

About OmniROM
Quote:

The goal of Omni is to experiment with Android development because we enjoy it. Omni isn’t better, just different. It’s another option for the billion Android users out there. Android (vs. iOS and every other mobile OS) has thrived on options as well as the gigantic, talented development community that has emerged to build those options. That’s the beauty of Android – that you can pick and choose from a smorgasbord of devices with varying features and functionality.

Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer applies, your warranty is void, this may eat your dog or burn your house down, delete all your pictures, etc.

Instructions

0. You need a recovery that supports SELinux. I'm told that recent versions of CWM support it, but I haven't tried them myself. The best option is the official TWRP 2.7.0.0 release (other recoveries may not be compatible with OpenDelta updates for nightlies).

If you want to flash my recovery, download the recovery.img and flash it using ODIN or Mobile ODIN. You can also use Recovery Tools to flash it from your device

1. Flash the ROM.

2. Flash SuperSU if you want root (it's not yet included in the ROM). I have not tried any other Superuser apps but SuperSU is supposed to be incorporated into Omni eventually. Important: you may need to install a backup script using SuperSU to persist it across flashes - see the settings in SuperSU for that.

3. Flash Kitkat/4.4 compatible Gapps (PA has some that work with this ROM).

1-3 can be queued in TWRP.

4. If coming from a different ROM wipe data/factory reset, otherwise you probably won't boot

Downloads
TWRP 2.7.0.0 official builds are here.
TWRP 2.6.3.1 (unofficial version; the 4th digit is basically just for device specific changes). Use Flashify, Mobile Odin, or Recovery Tools to flash .img files.
twrp-2.6.3.1-n8000.img
twrp-2.6.3.1-n8013.img
ODIN flashable tars:
twrp-2.6.3.1-n8000.tar.md5
twrp-2.6.3.1-n8013.tar.md5
You must flash this (or other 4.4 compatible recovery) if you're on the official TWRP 2.6.3.0 or other outdated recoveries, if you get an error about set_metadata_recursive when flashing

N8000 Nightlies
N801x Nightlies

Changelog

N8000
N801x

Sources
Device trees:

android_device_samsung_n80xx-common
android_device_samsung_n8000
android_device_samsung_n801x

Thanks, and have a nice day!

XDA:DevDB Information
OmniROM, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Contributors
iofthestorm, marco9333, TheMorpheus, humberos, Entropy512, espenfjo
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-03-01
Last Updated 2014-04-05
The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to iofthestorm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iofthestorm Ad-Free

1st March 2014, 10:25 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Diego

More
FAQs
Where can I report bugs?

http://jira.omnirom.org/ - be sure to assign them to me, Ibrahim Awwal, if they're device specific.

Where is multiwindow?

Multiwindow is still a work in progress, if you want to try it out you'll have to use my unofficial builds from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2550308

I can't flash the ROM, I get an error about set_metadata_recursive

Make sure you are using an up-to-date recovery, see the OP for a link to my recovery builds.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iofthestorm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iofthestorm Ad-Free
2nd March 2014, 12:27 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 195

More
Hi,
Thanks again for the great ROM. I was wondering if maybe you can add a section here of flashable zips for some possible cherry picks like multi window. This way we can get night lies but also get the latest and greatest. TIA.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
2nd March 2014, 02:09 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Diego

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by avruma

Hi,
Thanks again for the great ROM. I was wondering if maybe you can add a section here of flashable zips for some possible cherry picks like multi window. This way we can get night lies but also get the latest and greatest. TIA.

Hmm, it's not really possible to do that for frameworks changes like that. I think if there is an xposed module or something for Multiwindow then that may work but I don't know if such a thing exists or if it could actually be done (but that's more likely to work than a flashable zip).
2nd March 2014, 02:18 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 844

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by avruma

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by iofthestorm

Hmm, it's not really possible to do that for frameworks changes like that. I think if there is an xposed module or something for Multiwindow then that may work but I don't know if such a thing exists or if it could actually be done (but that's more likely to work than a flashable zip).

XMultiWindow
2nd March 2014, 02:24 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 195

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamMasterClay

XMultiWindow

Thanx I tried that a few days ago and it didn't play nice with omnirom and omniswitch

2nd March 2014, 03:31 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 411

More
Unhappy
Please support N8000..
2nd March 2014, 03:42 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 844

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyella

Please support N8000..

They're working on it. Use the unofficial builds for now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claytonjn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift claytonjn Ad-Free
2nd March 2014, 09:59 PM |#10  
Flag Worcester Mass
Thanks Meter: 53

Donate to Me
More
Just flashed the latest 8013 build and for some reason my bookmarks wont sync in browser or chrome. Hmmmm... Strange.

5th March 2014, 02:20 AM |#11  
I noticed that sometimes the back arrow on the bottom bar sometimes goes dim. Does anyone know why it does that or how to make it stop? It's starting to mess with my OCD...

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

I also wanted to suggest a temporary solution for MultiWindow on the nightlies. I have been using the latest XHaloFloatingWindow KitKat test build, and it works great once you get all the settings right. It's an Xposed mod, so you will have to have that installed and enabled for it to work. Check out the XDA page for that build

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2419287

The Following User Says Thank You to electrikjesus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift electrikjesus Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)