Nexus 4 16GB or HTC One 32GB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

J. Clarkson

May 28, 2013
Hi there,

I'm planning to sell my Nexus 4 and get the HTC One, I've always wanted the HTC One.

The only considerable difference I can see in specs is the Camera, HTC One at 4MP and Nexus 4 at 8MP, but strangely the Camera on the Nexus 4 isn't that impressive anyway.

Can someone shed some light on differences between these phones and will it be better to stay with Nexus 4 or go with HTC One?

To me, the visible differences are that Nexus 4 has 4.4 KitKat and 8MP Camera. Is the Camera on the HTC One better?

How about Benchmarks, does the HTC One beat Nexus 4 in all Benchmarks where can I check this?

Please advise, cheers!

myself11

Oct 11, 2009
HTC One has better SoC (processor and GPU), better screen (1080p vs 720), better sound, more internal space, better battery. Which isn't a surprise, since HTC One is a generation younger than Nexus 4.

The only question is price: ff you're going to buy HTC One new at full price, wait 3 weeks, because HTC One (2014) is going to be presented on 25th March and launched in the first week of April.

J. Clarkson

May 28, 2013
HTC One has better SoC (processor and GPU), better screen (1080p vs 720), better sound, more internal space, better battery. Which isn't a surprise, since HTC One is a generation younger than Nexus 4.

The only question is price: ff you're going to buy HTC One new at full price, wait 3 weeks, because HTC One (2014) is going to be presented on 25th March and launched in the first week of April.

I won't be. What price do you reckon it will be dropped to this version I'm getting. I'm gonna try get it for £180 new/used if I can, I'm confident I can do it. Will the new be dropped to any price near that?

myself11

Oct 11, 2009
180£ is too low, even used.

Right now - at least in Portugal - prices of used HTC One in mint condition are around 400€. Maybe in a month or two prices might drop to 350 or 300€. Don't expect lower than that.

dimsar2013

May 20, 2013
Athens
For hardware, HTC One is way better. But I would keep the Nexus 4 because the pure Android, the instant android updates and the features that most phones do not support.
It's your choice and the decision depends on your needs and what you do like most

myself11

Oct 11, 2009
Nexus is always a Nexus, but HTC One has a lot of support and even a Google Edition.

myself11

Oct 11, 2009
I don't know if Google Stores in UK or Germany sell it. But he doesn't need that. If he wants the AOSP experience, he can flash his regular HTC One.

dimsar2013

May 20, 2013
Athens
OK. The thing I do not like very much on HTC phones is the user interface, while Nexus phones have stock Android launcer.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.