After switching the official ROMs on my Find 5, which can be done just with the zip and no rooting, I decided to install the latest CM Nightly.
Here's what I did, in order:
- installed Framaroot and used the Gandalf method -> success, got SU and rooting
- installed the "Recovery Tools - Flash" or something like that from the Play Store
- installed CWM from the app, which is the latest touch version
- connected the Find 5 to my pc and put the CM and Gapps zips in the root folder
- rebooted to recovery, wiped Dalvik and factory reset then installed CM then Gapps zip
- wiped dalvik + factory reset again
- turned on the phone
Now, the ROM works BUT here's my problem: every folder created by the applications while I had color ROM, and the apps themselves, are still there! I still have the pictures, the 2-3 apps I left on the phone and everything else.
So my question is:
HOW DO YOU CLEAN EVERYTHING ON THE PHONE TO START COMPLETELY FROM SCRATCH while installing a new ROM?
I'm a fan of fresh installations, I don't even use backup software since I keep few core apps on my phone.
Back on the Galaxy S I just connected it, phisically deleted every single folder on the phone from the pc and put the CM + Gapps zips on it cause the S i9000 recreated the basic folders on itself.
I didn't do a wipe sdcard from the CWM because I red somewhere that on the Find 5 it deletes core system components to so you'll have to unstuck your phone loading the base recovery and an Oppo firmware from your computer...the fact is this way I don't have a fresh installation.
So what, and when, should I do to clean EVERYTHING like I did with my Galaxy S to be sure when I first boot a new ROM I only have the very basic folders Android and the ROM needs to be loaded?
I'll have a work meeting tomorrow so I didn't try the sdcard wipe to avoid staying without a working phone but I installed the very core apps only here so if I need to re-flash everything or wipe something I'm ok with that, I already backed up manually the old contents of the ColorROM(pictures and stuff) so I have nothing but the basics and WhatsApp on the phone right now.