FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Can't get 3G only E

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Ahmed_s, Junior Member on 3rd March 2014, 05:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello all.
I bought a Galaxy Core from the Middle East(2 Sim cards) and tried to use it in America through Strait Talk. The phone is working fine and the only problem I have that I can not get 3G just E (EDGE) which is so slow. I put my Sim Card in a Galaxy S III to make sure that the Carrier provides 3G. As soon as I put the Sim Card in Galaxy S III, I immediately got H +. But when I put it back in my Galaxy Core I got E.
My area covers 3G
APN setting is according to Straight Talk instructions
Any idea why ?
I would highly appreciate your answer and help!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ahmed_s For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ahmed_s Ad-Free

3rd March 2014, 11:14 AM |#2  
Flag Wroclaw
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Check network mode - maybe it is set to use only 2G. You can find it under Settings -> More settings -> Mobile Data
3rd March 2014, 03:52 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzepa90

Check network mode - maybe it is set to use only 2G. You can find it under Settings -> More settings -> Mobile Data

Mode is already set to GSM/WCDMA (Auto Mode). I can use this option and GSM Only option. I can not use WCDMA Only option. If I chose WCDMA Only, I will loose the the whole mobile service. Thanks a lot for your help and time.
3rd March 2014, 04:16 PM |#4  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 20

Donate to Me
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_s

Mode is already set to GSM/WCDMA (Auto Mode). I can use this option and GSM Only option. I can not use WCDMA Only option. If I chose WCDMA Only, I will loose the the whole mobile service. Thanks a lot for your help and time.

Look You can't use 3G on both SIM at the same time. So choose WCDMA only on the SIM you want to use 3G and use WCDMA/GSM on other SIM and this might not be allowing you to choose "WCDMA only" so better check 2nd SIM connection type.

and yup it is common that network disconnects while change the mode of connection. It will be stable after your option is set.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRESS THANKS IF I HELPED!
3rd March 2014, 04:39 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_E_G_A_T_R_O_N

Look You can't use 3G on both SIM at the same time. So choose WCDMA only on the SIM you want to use 3G and use WCDMA/GSM on other SIM and this might not be allowing you to choose "WCDMA only" so better check 2nd SIM connection type.

and yup it is common that network disconnects while change the mode of connection. It will be stable after your option is set.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRESS THANKS IF I HELPED!

In fact I am using only one Sim Card. I chose WCDMA Only and restarted the phone. I lost the service again. Thank you Bro.
14th January 2019, 10:28 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I too have an issue with my Samsung Galaxy Core prime sm-g360t, my 3g is not working n I've tried LTE/Wcdma/gsm, buh it's still not working
26th January 2019, 02:28 AM |#7  
Flag kota
Thanks Meter: 7

More
actually ..our galaxy core now became as trash ...even i faced the same problem but there was no fix except an workaround ...the thing is lots of companies has put many features in their "new" SIMs and galaxy core is unable to process those(hardware problem) but if you use an old sim like 2-3 yrs old it will work for you ...after many many googling i had nothing in my hands but solved it by using my old sim ....just take someone's which is old and see if it helps ....
----by an same problem facer
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)