I am going to tell you little tweak to improve your free memory.
Galaxy Star has just 512MB of RAM and many suffer due to that!
Using this will help that.
This is using a tweak called "Adrenaline Boost" developed by @ImbaWind .
This is for both GT-S5280 and GT-S5282.
And will also work for all other android phones out there!
This is has been tested in my GT-S5282 and works like charm.
Here is the guide to do that:
- A rooted Samsung Galaxy Star with ClockWorkMod recovery (CWM 6 preffered).
- You need to have BusyBox and all its binaries installed! [Link]
- You also need Terminal Emulator! [Link]
- Download the Adrenaline_Boost_Prime.zip from the thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1542602 ( It's there in the first posts attachment!)
- Copy the file to extSDCard (or sdcard too).
- Now boot into CWM Recovery.
- Now go to "Mounts and Storage" in Recovery Menu.
- Choose "Mount /system"
- Go back to the Recovery Main Menu.
- Now choose Install Zip from sdcard
- Choose the zip (adrenaline_boost_prime.zip) from sd card and flash it.
- Its quite a quick process.
- Now reboot.
- Open Terminal Emulator. And type su.
- Now type 'boost'.
- It will now boost your memory.!
How it works:
Basically this Adrenaline Boost installs a little binary called 'boost' into the /system/bin .
When we call this binary throught the terminal this app gets into action.
The 'boost' clears your old system cache, gets more free ram for you and gravely boosts your phone's performance!
Adrenaline Boost clear your system cache and your cpu will work harder to build back needed cache.
You system need caches to work , this boost is intended to clear old cache that are no longer using and let the system to build new cache, so if you boost it too often , your cpu will be very busy building needed caches and may consume more battery than normal !
Boost it only when you need it, then there will be no problem!
I am now getting a free memory of around 150MB - 200MB using boost!
And thats great because before this my star would be having some 100MB free during idle!
Just check this out and share your experiences in this post!
And dont forget to THANK ME if it worked!
Thanks @ImbaWind for this awesome tweak!