CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.2 (KITKAT), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
- Flash Light
What Doesn't Works:
- RIL(No SIM Detected) - Being worked
- Wi-Fi AP
- No Network In Any Sim Card
- Video recording does not work in stock camera app
- Camera only supports 3 megapixels(Using CameraMX Works in 4MP)
- Data usage section in settings is non-existent
- YouTube videos in the official app are low quality
ROM - > http://devhost.xda-developers.com/qRv (Updated On 07/05/2014)
1. Copy zip packages (ROM + GAPPS) to an SD Card
2. Enter recovery mode
3. Choose "install zip from sdcard"
4. Select "choose zip from sdcard" and locate the ROM zip package
5. Confirm the installation by choosing "yes"
6. Once it is complete, repeat steps 3-5 for the GAPPS zip package.
7. Once the GAPPS installation is complete, reboot your phone and wait for the startup screen to appear (This may take up to 20 minutes)
[DEV][ROM][4.4.2]CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Galaxy S Duos(kylexx), a ROM for the Android General
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: CyanogenMod
Last Updated 2014-05-07