FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Recovery] and [Root] Galaxy Tab 3 Lite T110, CWM, TWRP, Philz Touch

3,933 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,610

By gr8nole, Recognized Contributor on 8th March 2014, 04:14 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
End of support. Thread closed.

If you get stuck in recovery and can't boot into Android, you need to install the stock recovery to get Android to boot.

Stock recovery flashable zip located HERE.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

READ THIS POST BEFORE INSTALLING ANY CUSTOM RECOVERY

CWM Recovery 6.0.4.8
(TWRP is in post 3, Philz Touch in post 4)

Click HERE for the latest version.

Please report any bugs here in this thread.

Thank you to everyone who has (and still will) help in testing!!!!

Credits go to:
@Unjustified Dev for device and kernel source trees
and of course Koush and the CyanogenMod team

Watch THIS VIDEO tutorial for a step by step visual guide for performing the instructions listed below (thanks @Tomsgt for the video).

Instructions:
1. Download ODIN on your computer.
2. Power off the device.
3. Restart in "Download Mode" by holding the "HOME" button, "Volume Down" and "Power" all at the same time (for about 5 seconds).
4. Hit the "Volume Up" to enter download mode.
5. Start the ODIN exe program. Un-check Auto Reboot. See notes about ODIN below.
6. Connect the device via USB to your computer. Verify the device shows as "Added" in the Message box. If it doesn't show then you need the Samsung USB drivers (just install KIES to get them). Also need to enable USB debugging.
7. Select "PDA" (or AP) then choose the recovery file you want to flash. (Unzip the file you downloaded so that you have a file named "recovery.tar.md5".)
8. Hit "START". Wait for Odin to finish (~10-15 seconds). The message area will display "RES OK" when finished.
9. Restart directly to recovery mode before rebooting into OS.(Hold POWER, Volume UP, and the HOME button all at the same time. When you see the Samsung Logo, let go of the POWER button, but keep holding the Volume UP and HOME until you see the recovery screen).

Notes about ODIN
--Make sure that "Re-Partition" is NOT checked.
--Auto Reboot can be un-checked if CWM doesn't flash correctly on your device. Some have reported that un-checking Auto Reboot fixes this issue. If you un-check Auto Reboot, you will need to reboot the device yourself (refer back to step 9).

After you get the custom recovery working, you can flash the latest SuperSu zip to get root.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Watch this video to learn about the navigation issues and Rainbow Mode: http://youtu.be/iCNdxlNzdBI

If the highlight doesn't move on the recovery menu, the selection actually does change. Go ahead and hit Power to select. If the menu goes blank, just hit Volume Up or Down to get it to reappear.

It appears that the menu navigation issue only happens when you use the button combination to boot into recovery. If you use the Quick Boot app or "adb reboot recovery", it seems to work properly. Only use the 3-button method to boot into recovery.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flash at own risk!!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Click HERE for the latest version.

Stock recovery flashable zip located HERE.
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to gr8nole For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gr8nole Ad-Free

8th March 2014, 04:15 PM |#2  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 212

Donate to Me
More
Nice!

Sent from the can using two ply
8th March 2014, 04:15 PM |#3  
OP Recognized Contributor
Lynchburg, VA

Donate to Me
More
TWRP is reported to be causing problems for now. Please use CWM or Philz Touch (post 4) for now.

TWRP 2.7.0.1 (unofficial)

Click HERE to download the latest version.

I do not have a T110, so this recovery has not been tested by me. Please report if it works for you.

Same install instructions as above.

After installation, you may experience slow behavior in recovery if you use the button combination to boot into recovery. Using Quick Boot from the play store or any other software method to boot into recovery will solve this problem.

Internal card gets mounted as "/data/media/0".

Please report any issues here in this thread and be sure to include which recovery you are using.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you already have root, you can extract the recovery.img from this zip and flash it without Odin by using Flashify from the Play Store.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Click HERE to download the latest version.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014_03_16_02.55.06.png
Views:	5240
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	2633071  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gr8nole For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gr8nole Ad-Free
8th March 2014, 04:15 PM |#4  
OP Recognized Contributor
Lynchburg, VA

Donate to Me
More
Unofficial Philz Touch Advanced CWM recovery HERE for testing.

Credits to Phil3759. Original thread located HERE.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gr8nole For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gr8nole Ad-Free
8th March 2014, 04:20 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Hey hey hey...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to trouinky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trouinky Ad-Free
9th March 2014, 06:58 AM |#7  
Flag TN
Thanks Meter: 22

Donate to Me
More
This is so very awesome....thank you!!!!

Sent from my SM-T110 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mhopewell41 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mhopewell41 Ad-Free
9th March 2014, 10:57 AM |#8  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 18

Donate to Me
More
This is amazing, super fast devs rooting the tab 3 lite in no time.

Now it's waiting for a good stock Google rom to speed up this nice tab and losing the awful touchwhizz laggynes.
11th March 2014, 04:04 PM |#9  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I have tryed almost all your custom recoverys CWM and none were working. When i try to eneter in recovery i got only blackscreen and the device it is seen by adb

But TWRM is perfect!

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to ZiDanRO For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ZiDanRO Ad-Free
11th March 2014, 06:21 PM |#10  
Flag TN
Thanks Meter: 22

Donate to Me
More
Getting a notification to update but I haven't rooted yet so I'm not sure if I should.... Had my tab for about a week now....it says some kind of security update anybody else get this

12th March 2014, 11:28 AM |#11  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhopewell41

Getting a notification to update but I haven't rooted yet so I'm not sure if I should.... Had my tab for about a week now....it says some kind of security update anybody else get this

Security is something else. Not software update.
It is a new protection from samsung, generaly with knox from 4.2.2 software and newer!
The Following User Says Thank You to ZiDanRO For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ZiDanRO Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
[recovery]
Previous Thread Next Thread