FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][09/03/14] AlterNdromadus CM10.1 | Android 4.2.2 [STABLE]

1,039 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,345
 
Post Reply Email Thread
15th June 2014, 02:17 PM |#101  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Hi, HTCDreamOn
I should express my huge thanks to you, benn using your rom for a while

However, as days go by, my device gets laggy and slow. I know, it's a common problem. So usually, when I notice that the phone slowed down considerably, I run supercharger script - and it helps, aslo for some period of time
After that there is only one one left - factory reset

I've already done it two times on your rom and now it;s time for the 3rd

As far as I see, Desire Z development almost died - only you, Marco Marinho and Flinny appear here. What is more, both flinny and marco are playing with CM11 - and we all know how much time it takes to polish your alpha (especially considering that the number of DesireZ users decreases continiously). And they are making multi-device roms, so they can't devote all their time to vision

This is why I have a sort of proposition: can you possibly polish this rom up, so that it is fast not only the several days after clean install?
I guess, this is what most left vision users want: a reliable, rather fast rom which last accordingly
I understand that vision is an old device - yet I keep it because nothing new can compare to it. And it is obvious that if you want latest rom tricks (and 3GM RAM) you should buy new phone

Soooo........stable and polished AlterNdromadus, please?
The Following User Says Thank You to ilgeor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ilgeor Ad-Free
 
 
15th June 2014, 07:54 PM |#102  
HTCDreamOn's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,345
 
Donate to Me
More
I was thinking of updating this, but I've lost my G2. I can't blind dev and I ran into enough difficulties as it was when I could test it. Java is just too confusing for me right now, so much more confusing than C which I'm only just starting to get comfy with. Unfortunately the lag is just a problem you'll have to get used to, backup and clean flash and wait a while. I couldn't do anything tobhelp you anyway, I just don't know how. I can give you the age ole tips: no task killers, no placebo scripts, minimal apps, minimal gapps, no hangouts, no Facebook, no heavy browsers (opera mini is great) but yeah I'm really sorry but there won't be any updates. As it is I think the ROM works well anyway. I'm no dev so if you want someone to support then turn to Flinny, Marco, NeverGone, etc. It sucks that my goal to have a stable sorta up to date ROam was dashed but that's life. Thanks to the people who liked the ROM anyway
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HTCDreamOn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HTCDreamOn Ad-Free
15th June 2014, 10:01 PM |#103  
What! What happened to your phone? What are you using now?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th June 2014, 10:30 PM |#104  
HTCDreamOn's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,345
 
Donate to Me
More
Got nicked beats me too, it's worth nothing (monetarily speaking). I'm using nothing at the moment, I'll go back to my G1 once I get a new SIM sorted. It's useable, just not a luxury. I don't know about after that, I'm thinking it might be a better investment to buy a better phone e.g. SIII (from a family member) or eBay if I wanna risk it. The G2 just has too little RAM at the end of the day, and it's pure sin to say such a thing on this forum but I don't know if the keyboard is a worthy compromise any more.
16th June 2014, 05:49 AM |#105  
hrk's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 1,071
 
Donate to Me
More
I don't use the keyboard anymore, if not for the occasional ssh through ConnectBot. Swype beats the hardware keyboard for chats and the like.

For a remote shell into a UNIX system, however, the hardware keyboard is a lifesaver. (And yeah, G1's was way better...)

Sorry to know you lost your G2.

Inviato dal mio HTC Vision con Tapatalk 2
16th June 2014, 06:57 AM |#106  
Neo2SHYAlien's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Plovdiv
Thanks Meter: 94
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrk

For a remote shell into a UNIX system, however, the hardware keyboard is a lifesaver. (And yeah, G1's was way better...)

Inviato dal mio HTC Vision con Tapatalk 2

When I'm lazy to wake up my phone is close to me for initial ssh troubleshooting. Until new phone with HW KB isn't released I dont have alternative for another device.

Really bad for the G2 but I don't recommend to get Samsung device at all. most of them have backdoor into the modem software
16th June 2014, 09:39 PM |#107  
HTCDreamOn's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,345
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrk

I don't use the keyboard anymore, if not for the occasional ssh through ConnectBot. Swype beats the hardware keyboard for chats and the like.

For a remote shell into a UNIX system, however, the hardware keyboard is a lifesaver. (And yeah, G1's was way better...)

Sorry to know you lost your G2.

Inviato dal mio HTC Vision con Tapatalk 2

Yeah even having to cd into a directory or type numbers is a pain on a soft keyboard, and the touchpad is SO good for moving the cursor and scrolling through terminal command history. I don't know if it was just through years of use, but it had started to feel a bit spongy. The G1 has more of a click. In terms of pure speed, soft swipe keyboards are better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo2SHYAlien

When I'm lazy to wake up my phone is close to me for initial ssh troubleshooting. Until new phone with HW KB isn't released I dont have alternative for another device.

Really bad for the G2 but I don't recommend to get Samsung device at all. most of them have backdoor into the modem software

That's only older devices, although I had considered a few of them. I'm still a bit of a HTC fanboy if I'm honest, they put out products which make you think "I want that". Read this, it may be a non issue anyway but we should still have our reservations. Right now I'm thinking either massive screen phone or importing a droid 4 or relay 4g from the US anyway.
17th June 2014, 06:59 AM |#108  
hrk's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 1,071
 
Donate to Me
More
I had my eyes on the Photon Q. Motorola has good quality, but fkd up locked bootloaders, unfulfilled promises of updates and changed owners too many times to be reliable.

Inviato dal mio HTC Vision con Tapatalk 2
27th July 2014, 03:51 PM |#109  
lm089's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 95
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCDreamOn

I was thinking of updating this, but I've lost my G2

Too sad, really; should I ever abondon mine I'd offer it for whichever dev to use it as a testing platform; currently I'm still using it and most of the time am very happy with it.
Over the last few months I've been playing with various CM11 implementations; having one or the other probs in everyday usage I today tried a step back and installed your ROM. Until now I have to say this appears to be it: fast, stable afaik, and what's more: GPS fixing has never been that quick since months!!

Many thanks for giving us this fine piece of SW!
27th July 2014, 08:11 PM |#110  
HTCDreamOn's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,345
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lm089

Too sad, really; should I ever abondon mine I'd offer it for whichever dev to use it as a testing platform; currently I'm still using it and most of the time am very happy with it.
Over the last few months I've been playing with various CM11 implementations; having one or the other probs in everyday usage I today tried a step back and installed your ROM. Until now I have to say this appears to be it: fast, stable afaik, and what's more: GPS fixing has never been that quick since months!!

Many thanks for giving us this fine piece of SW!

Yeah it sucks, but we all need to progress and move on. After using the SIII I'm missing the hw keyboard less than I thought I would. I'm glad everyone likes this ROM in its current state despite the fact that I was planning more interesting features, but after reading the latest comments on Marco's new PureKat ROM it seems KitKat might be a decent option now anyway.
27th July 2014, 10:42 PM |#111  
lm089's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 95
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCDreamOn

... after reading the latest comments on Marco's new PureKat ROM it seems KitKat might be a decent option now anyway.

I'm testing PK in parallel; indeed looks promising. I'm having problems with GPS, though: with AlterNdromadus GPS fixing is a matter of a few seconds, while in PureKat there's no fixing at all; might have to look at a different radio, maybe.

Talking about radio: after using this ROM here for the day inside and outside of the house all of a sudden WiFi isn't activating any more. Rebooted three times, re-flashed the ROM, but no success. Going into System Settings >> WiFi the screen constantly tells me "activating WiFi"
You wouldn't have an idea what else I could try, would you?

Cheers,
Lothar
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.2.2, cyanogenmod 10.1, desire z, rom, vision

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes