Issues after updating to kitkat

Search This thread

drocksmash

Sep 24, 2010
Hello,

I have a note 3 and galaxy gear. After updating to kitkat I have this problem with the phone constantly notifying me of new emails, even though I have already acknowledged the email. Prior to updating, I was able to swipe the new email notification and It would not renotify me until a new email was received, now after about every 15 mins I get a notification to my phone and my gear saying there is a new email even though its the same email as before.

The only way to stop my phone from renotifying me is to delete the email completely. I have ensured that Gmail notifactions are off, and am only using the email samsung app.

This was working fine before but now I am going crazy and not even wearing my watch because it is so damn annoying.

drocksmash

Sep 24, 2010
Hello,

I have a note 3 and galaxy gear. After updating to kitkat I have this problem with the phone constantly notifying me of new emails, even though I have already acknowledged the email. Prior to updating, I was able to swipe the new email notification and It would not renotify me until a new email was received, now after about every 15 mins I get a notification to my phone and my gear saying there is a new email even though its the same email as before.

The only way to stop my phone from renotifying me is to delete the email completely. I have ensured that Gmail notifactions are off, and am only using the email samsung app.

This was working fine before but now I am going crazy and not even wearing my watch because it is so damn annoying.

update.

I have removed the gmail account from the 'accounts' area of settings and re added it. I am still getting a notice of new emails every 15 mins (the sync setting) regardless of having a new email or not.

I cannot find anyone else having this issue... and i have 5 email accounts tied to this phone, and only the primary/default account is having this persistent notification issue.

Any ideas?

drocksmash

Sep 24, 2010
update.

I have removed the gmail account from the 'accounts' area of settings and re added it. I am still getting a notice of new emails every 15 mins (the sync setting) regardless of having a new email or not.

I cannot find anyone else having this issue... and i have 5 email accounts tied to this phone, and only the primary/default account is having this persistent notification issue.

Any ideas?

I have also cleared all data and cache for the email app.... as soon as I add my gmail account it starts notifying me every sync of the first email in my inbox.

I guess I am going to go to tmobile and get a new phone unless anyone has any other ideas.

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
I have also cleared all data and cache for the email app.... as soon as I add my gmail account it starts notifying me every sync of the first email in my inbox.

I guess I am going to go to tmobile and get a new phone unless anyone has any other ideas.

idk....try logging into gmail on a pc and make sure you're using IMAP protocol and not POP3....google the terms if you're not familiar
good luck...

drocksmash

Sep 24, 2010
idk....try logging into gmail on a pc and make sure you're using IMAP protocol and not POP3....google the terms if you're not familiar
good luck...

I checked my gmail settings from a computer, and it shows IMAP and POP enabled.

For some odd reason it appears the issue may have been resolved, and I have not modified anything since again deleting the data/cache.

Should POP be disabled and only IMAP enabled? the phone is set up to utilize IMAP not POP.

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
I checked my gmail settings from a computer, and it shows IMAP and POP enabled.

For some odd reason it appears the issue may have been resolved, and I have not modified anything since again deleting the data/cache.

Should POP be disabled and only IMAP enabled? the phone is set up to utilize IMAP not POP.

Your phone had a hiccup. Not a hardware issue. It happened from time to time. It self fixed itself when it got caught up.

TWEAKED 2.0 ELEMENT V3.0 NOTE 3