FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

CM based ROM's minor bugs fixes

257 posts
Thanks Meter: 207

By BMARo, Senior Member on 10th March 2014, 09:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

Someone has found the solution to fix low in-call volume directly in AudioRouter sources of android. Is doing exactly what I was doing in my app, but is doing this in telephony source triggered by muteChange, so no need for an external workaround app.
I am glad to have this bug fixed by source and I am glad I had a contribution to this.
For those who used my app for low in-call bug fix: WHEN the ROM that you use will get an update to a low in-call volume bug fixed by source, please disable low-incall fix in CMUtility.

Here is the fix in sources: https://github.com/TeamCanjica/andro...159bbcc74ae4a6

Because I love CM based ROM's I have created this app for some fixes/utilities.
So.

1. LOW IN-CALL VOLUME with effect when switching to/from speakerphone)
I know that when answer the call you can press VOL- then VOL+ to increase that low volume. But is not simple to do this at every call start. So I've made an app to do this automatically for you.

ATENTION!
- You don't see an icon for this app in your launcher app drawer. This is a service that start at boot and do his work without interacting any way with you.
- This app don't help you with WIFI bug and don't switch you automatically on 2G/3G when you need. If you need this features please install only CMUtility application (down at 3)
- INSTALLATION: Is recomended to copy this app in /system/app and set permissions rw-r--r-- then reboot.
I did this for the many who have asked
[/COLOR]
You can find this app in attach as onlyincallfix.apk.

2. ALL in ONE - CMUtility
We have a new application for all my fixes/utilities !
This app have 3 configurable functions for now:

a. In-Call low volume fix done even when switch to/from speakerphone! When answering a call or switch to/from speakerphone this service will automatically change in-call volume to MIN and back to MAX with 100ms delay.
So no more in-call volume bug on CM based ROM's!
For those who used my app for low in-call bug fix: WHEN the ROM that you use will get an update to a low in-call volume bug fixed by source, please disable low-incall fix in it.

b. WIFI start fail fix by connecting/disconnecting only with a single notification touch. In this mode WIFI never turn OFF and never fail start!
So no more WIFI start bug on CM based ROM's!

c. Automatically switch to 2G/3G only when needed.
You can configure that this service automatically switch network mode to 3G only or 3G preferred when data switched ON, and go to 2G when data is switched OFF or WIFI is connected (20 seconds delay). This is for battery economy.
So you never drain your battery using 3G if you don't need. I take care of this.

Features are configurable if you open this app form app drawer. Notification click will only connect/disconnect wifi network.
IMPORTANT! If you have installed onlyincallfix.apk please uninstall it! Just because that application is part of CMUtility job. You don't need two applications with same function. Or disable In-call Fix from CMUtility accessing it from app drawer.
You can find this app in attach.

CMUtility ScreenShot
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-19-12-13-53.png
Views:	1937
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	2638485
CMUtility ChangeLog:
2014.03.12 - Initial Release (v1.0)
2014.03.13 - v1.0.1
- FC at BOOT fixed
- Added configurable icons for notification
2014.03.14 - v1.0.2
- Added no icon option for notification
2014.03.17 - v1.0.3
- Solved boot start FC when is pushed as system app
2014.03.18 - v1.0.4
- Added option to run without persistent notification
- Changed toggles captions
2014.03.19 - v1.0.5
- I've found an FC when saving options if InCall fix is disabled. FIXED
Attached Files
File Type: apk onlyincallfix.apk - [Click for QR Code] (243.3 KB, 1802 views)
File Type: apk CMUtility1.0.5-2014.03.19.apk - [Click for QR Code] (304.1 KB, 1495 views)
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to BMARo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BMARo Ad-Free
10th March 2014, 09:46 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
reserved
reserved
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BMARo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BMARo Ad-Free
10th March 2014, 12:53 PM |#3  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 271

More
2. I leave the WiFi connected all night. It doesn't eat even 1%of my battery overnight
11th March 2014, 03:45 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I experience too much battery drain on mokee 4.4
It drains up to 40percent with half hour use of WiFi..

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk
11th March 2014, 07:59 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajatRJ

Using my WiFi fix app? Battery drain is not from my app. This app do nothing else than executing connect/disconnect commands. This battery drain when using WiFi is normal on CM roms. I don't understand why. We hope the devs will do something for this.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
11th March 2014, 10:01 AM |#6  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 3,582

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajatRJ

On MoKee 4.4 I do not have WIFI bug at all. Using it for 3 weeks, I never had a problem with turning WIFI on. On LQL.

And if your question is about battery drain, this is not a place for it. Use MoKee discussion thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to shut_down For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shut_down Ad-Free
King ov Hell
11th March 2014, 11:33 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
You could open the thread to development section.It's your job and it includes fixes so everyone can see them am I wrong ?
12th March 2014, 07:59 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by King ov Hell

You could open the thread to development section.It's your job and it includes fixes so everyone can see them am I wrong ?

I think you don't, but I will not open another. Only if moderators will move this...
12th March 2014, 11:41 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Thanks for volume app. I'm waiting for a rom fix for wifi. (CarbonKitkat)
Do I have to run VolumeTweak at every reboot???
12th March 2014, 02:40 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
NEW Application
New app released! See OP for details.
Please test and report! Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BMARo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BMARo Ad-Free
12th March 2014, 02:42 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elementbt

Thanks for volume app. I'm waiting for a rom fix for wifi. (CarbonKitkat)
Do I have to run VolumeTweak at every reboot???

No you don't need. Is auto running. But I strongly recommend you to install ALL in ONE app from OP. Is working for speakerphone too!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)