CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.
Follow Carbon ROM's Gerrit and Carbon ROM's Changelog to keep yourself updated with feature additions.
We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.
Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users.
WHAT IS WORKING?
- RIL (Calls, Mobile Data, SMS)
- Everything else not listed under "Known Issues" section
- Inbuilt screen video recorder doesn't work.
- Only primary SIM slot works. There won't be any dual-SIM support from me. I have tried and I wasn't able to make it work successfully. If anyone else wants to contribute, ROM as well as patches are open source. Build with dual-SIM support and share with the community.
(Bugs reported by users will be updated here after they are confirmed. I may ask for a logcat to fix the bugs.)
- Make sure you have backed up your EFS before flashing the ROM. Link in installation instructions.
- If you are not able to connect to your service network provider and can't make calls etc, try flashing the modem from your region specific firmware through ODIN. Search the threads in Galaxy Grand forums and you'll find instructions there.
(for developers only. I have already included these patches in the ROM)
Patch to frameworks/base to fix SystemUI FC on tapping settings gear for autobrightness: https://gist.github.com/xenon92/8194442
(merged in the Carbon ROM's source - https://github.com/CarbonDev/android...ec1457a7cd6d2b)
Patch to frameworks/base to fix duplicate day in notification pulldown header: https://gist.github.com/xenon92/8442995 (merged - https://github.com/CarbonDev/android...7f2bc6f1676c0e)
Patch to kernel to enable compilation with linaro toolchain: https://gist.github.com/xenon92/8382861
Patch to frameworks/native to fix screenshots and app previews: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/53162/ (merged)
Patch to frameworks/base to fix haptic vibration feedback: https://gist.github.com/xenon92/af8df0708c39a24a9dc5
The following issues were fixed on Grand thanx to @pawitp and his following patches.
Patch to hardware/broadcom/libbt for bluetooth to work: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/7891380.
Patch to frameworks/native to workaround hwc issues: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/7891444.
Patch to frameworks/av to fix audio/video issues: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/7945188
Patch to packages/apps/Camera2 to fix panorama: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/55785/ (merged)
Patch to external/chromium_org to workaround hwc issues: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/7910708
Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
- Make a backup of your EFS. Read more HERE
- Make sure you are either on any KitKat ROM (CM11, SlimKat, etc) or on 4.2.2 TW based ROM and NOT on 4.1.2 TW based ROM
- Download the latest build
- Download Gapps
- Recommended - Full wipe and factory reset
- Flash ROM using latest ClockworkMod recovery
- Flash Gapps
- Download the latest build
- Flash it using ClockworkMod recovery
- Wipe cache
- Wipe dalvik cache
Old ROM files can be found HERE
(Please don't make mirror links of the ROM)
Carbon ROM source can be found on Carbon ROM's Github.
Kernel source can be found on my Github.
Device tree for Carbon ROM 4.4+ can be found on my Github.
Kishan14, LuK1337 for haptic vibration on softkeys
Carbon ROM, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: AOSP
Current Stable Version: 20140817
Stable Release Date: 2014-08-18
Last Updated 2014-08-18