if the phone is not charging and not recognized but the phone is alive then it safe to assume that ur micro usb port is broken,else if it charging but not recognized, u can just put rom inside sd card and flash. changing the microusb will not be that expensive
I've experienced the same problem with windows 7 failing to recognize my phone. The below seem to have worked for me so you can try this out.
1. connect phone to different USB port.
2. Right click on "Computer" & click 'manage'.
3. In the resulting window click device manager,& right click on computer name & then select "scan for hardware changes"
4. My phone then shows up as an unknown device.
5. Now download & reinstall driver & hopefully phone should get recognized.
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer? | Terms of Service