This is an almost completely stock ROM with only a couple of changes to allow credential storage and WIFI to work on MDL bootloaders.
WHAT IS BROKEN:
- NOTHING!!! Let me know if you find any other problems.
WHAT IS FIXED:
- Credential storage (PIN LOCK) (v1.0)
- WIFI (v1.0)
- Now fully deodexed! (v1.1)
- Debloated (v1.2)
- Re-added Bluetooth Tether (v1.2)
- Email no longer enforces exchange policies (v1.2)
- Phone no longer powers on and boots when plugged in with the power off. (v1.3)
- Tethering is fixed with bluetooth the rest of the way. (v1.3)
- Wifi Fix is now integrated. (v1.3)
- Samsung Apps/Account Re-Added (v1.3)
- More bits of knox that were hiding are removed (v1.3)
Installation Instructions - By popular demand
1. Follow all of these instructions to the letter, particularly #5.
2. Download the DEODEXED rom from the bottom of this post.
3. Download the Radio from the link in the Troubleshooting section and flash the modem.bin with odin if you want the newest baseband. (You can always do this later if you have signal issues)
4. Download any mods you like from the mods section.
5. Click thanks on this extremely useful post. Or thanks a random poster in the thread.
6. Reboot your device into recovery.
7. Make a backup.
8. Wipe that smirk off of your face,
9. Wipe your WoW raid.
10. Wipe /data/, or if you are feeling dangerous, don't, then come back and wipe /data/ later if your phone is acting funny or does not boot.
11. Flash the ROM.
12. Flash Mods in whichever order your horoscope says to do it in.
14. Use the underpants you have collected to create a market deficit.
15. Ask me for step by step instructions again, I DARE you!
The download link is at the bottom of this post
This is an untouched flashable zip that really should be used as a base for creating ROMs. (Yes, you have my permission to use it as one, just give me credit and link to this thread).
You may not want to flash this if you didn't already update to the 4.4.2 Bootloaders. We do not currently recommend upgrading past the 4.2.2 (MDL) bootloaders, so you may want to wait until your favorite dev has released their own custom ROM or alternatively you can flash the deodexed version here.
To non-devs, if you flash this: THINGS WILL BE BROKEN
This ROM is ODEXED! This rom DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY BOOTLOADERS.
It may also be useful for those of you who want to go back to 4.4.2 stock in case of something going wrong.
Android OS version : 4.4.2
Device : jfltetmo
Model : SGH-M919
ROM Name : KOT49H.M919UVUFNB4
CSC version : M919TMBFNB4
Rooted (Superuser app + su) : NO
Rooted (unsecured boot.img) : NO
BusyBox installed : NO
BusyBox run-parts support : NO
Apps2SD (Apps to EXT) enabled : NO
/data/app enabled : NO
Custom boot animation allowed : NO
Nano text editor installed : NO
Bash shell support : NO
/system/framework is deodexed : NO
/system/app is deodexed : NO
modem.bin found : YES
ROM will wipe all data : NO
Base ROM (FOR DEVS)
Wifi stop wanting to enable? Got a bunch of spam about Secure Storage in logcat?
Flash this in recovery: Ultra Spiffy Wifi Password Storage Fix
Did your phone start rebooting to the Samsung Logo over and over with no end in sight?
Try flashing the Kernel from the Kernel section below in CWM!
Does your phone boot when powered off instead of charging?
Flash the kernel from the kernel section in CWM!
Looking for the new Modem?
Get it here
Flashing this in odin after the ODEXED ROM is sufficient to get the ODEXED ROM booting.
- The only change to the kernel in the initramfs is the line "setenforce 0" has been added to the init file. (This change sets SELinux to Permissive.)(Kernel v1.0)
- Added back in support for the "I am charging and the power is off" message from the older bootloaders. (Kernel v1.2)
GPL: You can see the changes on my github here: https://github.com/FennyFatal/SGS4-M919-FennyKernel
DO NOT FORGET TO RE-FLASH YOUR MODS WHEN UPGRADING!
Stock Deodexed + Rooted ROM (v1.3) (mirror)
Stock Deodexed + Rooted ROM (v1.2)
In-Depth Change Log 1.2
Stock Deodexed + Rooted ROM (v1.1)
Stock Deodexed + Rooted ROM (v1.0) (mirror)
WARNING! THE BELOW FILES FLASH BOOTLOADERS!
Fenny's rebuilt COMPLETELY STOCK ODIN compatible firmware that actually works, lol
(DO NOT USE -- BROKEN) Untouched ODIN compatible firmware from SamMobile.com (DO NOT USE -- BROKEN) (mirror)
These people have made the mistake of giving me money, so now their names go here! (Seriously, all donations are greatly appreciated!)
@unk2009 @jangst123 @gaww @Dr. Fed