FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][D802]80220B EUR Open KITKAT Flashable ZIP With Custom Recovery Working!

3,661 posts
Thanks Meter: 633

By ephumuris, Senior Member on 14th March 2014, 10:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is only what has worked for me i take no responsibility for anyones phone catching fire after following my guide/advice. Tested myself on a UK D802 16GB on Three Network! Confirmed working on 32GB devices now too!!

This needs formatting to make it easier to read. I will get around to it but here is the basic info needed!

Please READ this entire first post before asking questions that are already answered.

Today i have managed to flash the European Open Kitkat rom and root it and keep TWRP recovery. It worked for me but can't guarantee the same results for you.

Prerequisites. (Skip this if you already have rooted JB rom with custom recovery)

First i downgraded to Jellybean using this guide. I downgraded to "UK Open 16GB D80210B_00.kdz" i'm not sure if that's required though.

Then I rooted it using IORoot.

Then i installed TWRP using Freegee from the Play Store.

From here you are ready to flash or you can start from here if you already have root and recovery on Jellybean.

You need these three files.

1. My modded Stock rom zip.
Mirror 1 | Mirror 2
2. Savoca Modded Boot.img.
3. SuperSU ZIP.

Now to flash! (Take out your simcard first.)

1. Boot into TWRP and flash the modded stock rom DOWNLOAD 1. It will take a while and the screen may turn off during this, just press power button. Ignore the failed error!

2. Now go to main TWRP screen and select Reboot Recovery. (Wouldn't mount system otherwise!)

3. Now go to Mount and make sure System is ticked. (Not sure if required but do it anyway!)

4. Now flash Savoca's modified boot.img DOWNLOAD 2.

5. Again go to Mount and make sure System is selected.

6. Now flash SuperSU ZIP DOWNLOAD 3.

7. Now i wiped data here not sure if it's required as the rom wipes system but do it anyway!

8. Replace sim and reboot and all should be well!

If you have NO MOBILE NETWORK i got this error and that's why i recommended removing sim card. I had to repeatedly toggle wifi on and off, and airplane mode and restarted a few times. Not sure what fixed it but don't panic it DOES work.

Bugs and Fixes!

Audio Hissing/Crackling on Headphones.

This is present on all Kitkat roms currently. Some users don't get it most do. Type of headphones seems to be a factor. The following fix is temporary and will revert after a reboot. So needs to be repeated if your phones reboots for any reason.

Type in phone dial pad 3845#*802# and it will show Hidden Service Menu.
Click on "ELT Test", select "Manual Mode" and select "Test Start".
With headphones plugged in select "Audio Loopback" and than select "Test Start".
Blow gently into the microphone and keep on this test 20 seconds or more.
Once done back out and play music. Enjoy!

No LTE/4G anymore?

It seems to require a change of bands for some to get LTE working. There is a value to edit in build.prop. You can do this manually with a root explorer and setting correct permissions after changing, I've found the easiest way is to download JRummy Build.prop editor from market.

Open the Build Prop Editor app.
Find the value "ro.telephony.default_network" and select it.
Notice the property value will be set to "9". Change this to "11" and let the app reboot phone.
If you still don't have LTE try again but change the value to "13" and let the app reboot phone.

Bluetooth Battery Drain

This is NOT real battery drain so please don't worry about it. It is a falsely reported statistic. I get battery life on a par with 4.2.2. Around 8 hours screen on time which is fantastic! If you have battery drain please try a full wipe, don't restore apps from another rom do it manually. Take a look at your apps.

How is it done?!

The modded zip is stripped down to include only the System, Modem and Cust partitions. These are all that is required for Kitkat to play nice with Savocas modified boot.img. I edited the updater-script to remove the entries for all partitions except those listed above and repacked it up nicely to flash. So it is possible to do this with any future updates too. The Cust partition is necessary in case your partition has old carrier stuff still on there, this flashes a clean Cust partition.

Thanks to:

LenAsh for the flashable zip i modded.
Savoca for the modded Boot.img and modules.
Chainfire for SuperSU.
Jesus for blessing all the little children.
The Following 74 Users Say Thank You to ephumuris For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ephumuris Ad-Free

14th March 2014, 11:14 AM |#2  
Flag Tangerang
Thanks Meter: 70

More
it would be great if you also make one for the 32gb version

anyways, great work, dude!
The Following User Says Thank You to superbonto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift superbonto Ad-Free
14th March 2014, 11:49 AM |#3  
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I'm flashing it right now and looking up your address at the same time in case it won't work ;]

How long should it take to boot ?
14th March 2014, 11:57 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hull

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbonto

it would be great if you also make one for the 32gb version

anyways, great work, dude!

As i've said it seems like there isn't a difference between md5's of 32gb and 16gb versions of Kitkat i just wouldn't want to say test it... But in theory it should work just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniczklos

I'm flashing it right now and looking up your address at the same time in case it won't work ;]

How long should it take to boot ?

Let me know how it goes...you know just to give me a running start I assume you're 16GB user? It doesn't take long to boot but if it loops make sure you have wiped data in recovery. It is safe to do factory reset in standard recovery too as i tried it when trying to get my network back on!
14th March 2014, 12:02 PM |#5  
Flag Kraków

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ephumuris

As i've said it seems like there isn't a difference between md5's of 32gb and 16gb versions of Kitkat i just wouldn't want to say test it... But in theory it should work just fine.

Let me know how it goes...you know just to give me a running start I assume you're 16GB user? It doesn't take long to boot but if it loops make sure you have wiped data in recovery. It is safe to do factory reset in standard recovery too as i tried it when trying to get my network back on!

I'm preparing a dead fish to throw it on your doormat ;p

I'm on 12th minute of booting - LG logo and led flashing green-to-blue.

And yes I'm 16GB

How to use the standard recovery ?
14th March 2014, 12:18 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hull

More
Is it repeatedly making the boot sound? Hold power button and volume down until LG logo flashes up, then release power button and press again whilst keeping hold of volume. You should get a white screen. Just press power twice i think that should reset it.

I'm pretty sure it didn't take me 12 minutes to boot
14th March 2014, 12:18 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Can you please tell us how to mod the original EUR kdz? I can't download 2 gigabytes now and I already have the kdz file. Is there any guide?

Thanks ephumuris
14th March 2014, 12:19 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 469

More
Hey TC i have a lg g2 16gb that i bought from amazon. I am also on the three network in the uk. I do not get 4g option on my phone. Sorry for OT but i havent met anyone else on here using three and g2. Any help would be appreciated. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394795960839.jpg
Views:	2687
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	2630159

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to SPBoss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SPBoss Ad-Free
14th March 2014, 12:22 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hull

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPBoss

Hey TC i have a lg g2 16gb that i bought from amazon. I am also on the three network in the uk. I do not get 4g option on my phone. Sorry for OT but i havent met anyone else on here using three and g2. Any help would be appreciated. Attachment 2630159

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

What rom are you running? I get the option for gsm/wcdma/lte auto. Although no 4g for me on Three in Hull yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badchip

Can you please tell us how to mod the original EUR kdz? I can't download 2 gigabytes now and I already have the kdz file. Is there any guide?

Thanks ephumuris

I'm guessing there is some sort of tool to extract the KDZ files and then all you need out of that is system.img and modem.bin and cust.bin... Easy to make an update script or i can upload one for you. I've never needed to extract a KDZ though...
The Following User Says Thank You to ephumuris For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ephumuris Ad-Free
14th March 2014, 12:28 PM |#10  
Flag Kraków

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ephumuris

Is it repeatedly making the boot sound? Hold power button and volume down until LG logo flashes up, then release power button and press again whilst keeping hold of volume. You should get a white screen. Just press power twice i think that should reset it.

I'm pretty sure it didn't take me 12 minutes to boot

Doing that boots the TWRP. i've wiped the data like a satan, in every possible way. There's no boot loop - it's just booting and booting and booting. I think I'll have to go back to stock and repeat. Or is there any way to upload files to the phone through recovery (I remeber there was this option in clokcwork recovery ) ?
14th March 2014, 12:30 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hull

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paniczklos

Doing that boots the TWRP. i've wiped the data like a satan, in every possible way. There's no boot loop - it's just booting and booting and booting. I think I'll have to go back to stock and repeat. Or is there any way to upload files to the phone through recovery (I remeber there was this option in clokcwork recovery ) ?

I'm not sure if there is an option in TWRP i've certainly not seen it. I find it strange that you are getting stuck at boot screen... Maybe it matter which JB rom you come from?

My original one was 80210B Euro open rom.

"UK Open 16GB D80210B_00.kdz"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)