The new thread is up but its still very much under construction : Intel Android Devices Root / Temp CWM Session
[TOOL KIT] myKIT_BATCHV1.1.x :
Before you proceed to the rooting instructions below, please read this disclaimer:
XDA-DEVELOPERS.COM and I are not responsible for what you are doing to your device. You understand and agree that you are doing this at your own risk.
as for warranty the rule of thumb is if you root you should always consider your warranty voided : i will make no claim otherwise on the subject.
i am just a simple hobbyist from Cinti. OH USA i have no intention to buy devices or users getting mad that they were under some impression myKIT wouldn't void the warranty.
if you root you should always consider your warranty voided
myKIT_BATCH TOOLv1.1.2 : "and Yet Another Generic Android Tool Kit "
any issues using this tool kit please use :
@social-design-concepts : myKIT_BATCHv1.1.2 ISSUE
save the download somewhere on your computer using 7-zip , right click on the file and select extract here
- myKIT_BATCHv1.1.2 : myKIT_BATCHv1.1.x.7z
Additional Downloads :
download any additional _ASSETKIT's / _ROOTKIT's needed for your device save the downloads in folder :
note : do not extract the files or rename them each time myKIT_BATCHv1.1.x is started it searches for .7z files with specific name endings and automatically extracts them to the correct location. . .
place _PATCHKIT in mykit-downloads start myKIT_BATCH after patch is applied you'll need to close and restart myKIT_BATCH
- Fix DERP in ADB Driver for Dell Venue 7 / Acer A1-830
- Make ADB backup Quick Restore select-able instead of typing the full backup name
- Prep For Flash Tool
- Other Misc Corrections
10/06/2014 TRIAL2 : SDC_INTEL2_ROOTKIT Jellybean 4.1.2 - KitKat 4.4.x
note : This _ROOTKIT does not require the device specific _ASSETKIT that were needed before , should work on the :
Dell Venue 7 3730 / 8 3830 Clovertrail Plus , Acer Iconia A1-830 , Acer Iconia B1-730HD ,
Possibly other Intel Android Devices that have a method of starting the adbd service via fastboot oem command . . .
OLDER _ROOTKIT'S : Recommend using the _ROOTKIT above
Jellybean 4.2.2 - Jellybean 4.3 note : this _ROOTKIT is already loaded in myKIT_BATCHv1.1.x there is no real need to download this . . .
Dell Venue 7 3730 / Venue 8 3830 US Wifi / US 3G jb4.2.2 - jb4.3
Acer Iconia A1-830 jb4.2.2
Kitkat 4.4.2 note : requires device specific _ASSETKIT
DELL VENUE 7 Model 3730 US NoModem / VENUE 8 Model 3830 US NoModem WiFI Only
- Kitkat 4.4.2 Dell SW v1.33 DellVenue-kk4.4.2v1.33_WiFi_ROOTKIT.7z
DELL VENUE 7 Model 3730 US 3G / VENUE 8 Model 3830 US 3G
IMPORTANT NOTICE : THERE WAS A MISTAKE IN THE ORIGINAL _ROOTKIT FOR DELL VENUE 7 3G DEVICE THAT BRAKES OTA COMPATIBILITY . . .
IF YOU ROOTED YOUR DEVICE WITH THE OLD ROOT KIT PLEASE RE-ROOT WITH THIS ONE TO RESTORE YOU ABILITY TO INSTALL DELL OTA UPDATES. . .
YOU CAN TELL IF THE OLD _ROOTKIT IS LOADED BY LOOKING AT THE NAME IN myKIT_BATCH THE NEW _ROOTKIT SAYS "KK ROOT TOOL Dell Venue 7 / 8 US 3G SW v1.33 date : 9-01-2014"
- Kitkat 4.4.2 Dell SW v1.33 DellVenue-kk4.4.2v1.33_3G_ROOTKIT.7z
- DELL VENUE 7 Model 3730 US WiFI : DeviceWIFI-Venue7_ASSETKIT.7z
- DELL VENUE 8 Model 3830 US WiFI : DeviceWIFI-Venue8_ASSETKIT.7z
- DELL VENUE 7 Model 3730 US 3G : Device3G-Venue7_ASSETKIT.7z
- DELL VENUE 8 Model 3830 US 3G : Device3G-Venue8_ASSETKIT.7z
- coming soon . . .
ROOTING INSTRUCTIONS :
please make sure to disconnect all other device besides the device your working on. . . do not disconnect your device during rooting process . . .
- open up the myKIT_BATCHv1.1.x folder and double click the run-me.bat to launch myKIT_BATCHv1.1.x
- at the initial disclaimer screen type " ACCEPT " case sensitive without the quotes to continue
- next on initial menu screen choose option 1 to update the driver ( update the driver more than likely the driver you have installed doesn't have all the modes included with it.
- after the driver installation is complete follow the instructions on the screen
- once at the main menu , verify that your device is visible and showing " DEVICE STATUS: ADB-ONLINE "
- next choose option A1 ROOT KITS to view the ROOT KIT MENU
- at the ROOT KIT MENU select the appropriate ROOT KIT
note : the ROOT KIT MENU is dynamic and the menu option will change depending on the number of root kits found
please be sure to select the correct ROOT KIT for your Device / Software version. . .
- next select the su / supersuer installation
- next type " ACCEPT "
- device will reboot and rooting / su installation will start after windows installs additional drivers if needed . . .
if you are getting the above language error when trying to install the driver please see this link for editing dpinst.xml for your language:
The current language is not supported by the device Driver Installation Wizard
the driver is located in the myKIT_BATCHv1.1.xmykitsdriverKITADB
CLICK HERE DONATE NOW : AND MAKE MY LIFE EASIER BY HELPING BUY ME A VENUE 8
[TOOL KIT] myKIT_BATCHV1.1.x, ROM for the Dell Venue
ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread
Last Updated 2016-05-27