T-Mobile carrier, Selinux enforcing problem...

Search This thread

187k4

Nov 10, 2013
I have the Samsung t2889 note 2. I've never had a problem but I find when I use any ROM that is kitkat I don't have a cell signal! I read up and found out that if I switch to permissive I get my service and it works out all good, weird part if I switch it back to enforcing...get this it still works! Its annoying doing this every boot and having to have extra files on my phone to do this task for me. Can anyone point me to a more permanent solution, without downgrading back to jelly bean?

187k4

Nov 10, 2013
Done, but the problem continues...

I updated to twrp 2.7.0, clicked fix permissions. And still the same problem. Do I need to redo the entire system? I thank you for your time and help!

pvaldeben

Feb 20, 2011
E. Rockaway
Flash the newer TWRP http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/t0ltetmo/openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.0-t0ltetmo.img

Restart to recovery and flash the rom again and it'll be fixed

I did just that by accident and its true it worked. But then I was not able to restore any backups I made with TWRP. So I moved on to Clockworks Mob. then flashed 4.3 again and started getting data drop again. So next, I'll move back to TWRP through gooMmanager flash twice then moving back to clockwork mod.

Thnaks for the tip.

Last edited:

187k4

Nov 10, 2013
I did just that by accident and its true it worked. But then I was not able to restore any backups I made with TWRP. So I moved on to Clockworks Mob. then flashed 4.3 again and started getting data drop again. So next, I'll move back to TWRP through gooMmanager flash twice then moving back to clockwork mod.

Thnaks for the tip.

I just gave up lol. I'm using paranoid 4.3 ROM now with the updated twrp. I couldn't ask for a better ROM. The SElinux enforcing problem seems to mess up with all 4.4 roms I install

ciphercodes

Oct 25, 2012
If you want to stay on stock kernel, I can pack the kernel with se linux disabled on boot.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts