[Q] Android 4.3 update via odin fail

Search This thread

deanfranks21

Mar 23, 2013
Hello everyone,
I decided today to try and switch from aokp android 4.4.2 rom back to the official 4.3 update. I Factory reset and cleared cache, and then flashed the .tar file via odin, and it said it passed. Unfortunately, it gets to the flashing Samsung logo, and gets stuck there.. any suggestions on how to fix this?

Last edited:

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Hello everyone,
I decided today to try and switch from aokp android 4.4.2 rom back to the official 4.3 update. I Factory reset and cleared cache, and then flashed the .tar file via odin, and it said it passed. Unfortunately, it gets to the flashing Samsung logo, and gets stuck there.. any suggestions on how to fix this?

What phone model and carrier do you use and where did you find an Odin flashable file for 4.3 JB? Do you have custom recovery installed on your phone?

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I have a bell SGH-I747M, I got the zip off of sam mobile, and I did, until I flashed the rom through Odin and it removed root and cwm

The 4.3 ROM would have been better flashed as a zip file via custom recovery than Odin. I would suggest you first try booting into recovery mode and doing a hard wipe/reset. If this does not work, then you may try reinstalling the zip. Boot into download mode and flash custom recovery (cwm or TWRP) via Odin. Also copy the zip file you earlier downloaded (unextracted) onto an SDHC card or you may try another download via this link <http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319199494>. If you are able to successfully flash custom recovery, don't allow the phone to reboot but remove the battery and insert the card. Then boot into custom recovery and flash the zip from the SDHC card. Clear the cache and reset and, hopefully, your phone will be back in business.