This is a set of development tools and should not be toyed around with if you don't know what you are doing.
These tools were provided by Microsoft Corporation and this guide only points you out to the tools I've found.
There is no warranty, express or implied for these tools, either from me or from Microsoft.
- ARM Kits Policy (Needed to run development binaries on Windows 8.1 RT) Info here (MSDN)]
- ARM Debugging Tools (WinDbg, Gflags) Download here (Source)
- ARM App Certification Kit Info and Download here
- ARM Windows Performance Toolkit (included with above)
- Make sure you are sane enough and you need to install these.
- Download the ARM Windows App Certification Kit (third in the list above) and install.
- Go to C:\Program Files\Windows Kits\8.1\bin\arm\SecureBoot. Open InstallKitsPolicy.cmd with an Admin CMD Prompt.
- This will install the Kits Policy (other tools will not work without this). After rebooting, use Volume Down to select "Install" in the black screen that appears, and press the Windows button on your RT Device to proceed.
- After it boots, try to run C:\Program Files\Windows Kits\8.1\bin\arm\dxcapsviewer.exe and see if it runs. If it does, your Kits Policy is now installed. Download the ARM Debugging Tools from above.
- Install it. It'll also install to C:\Program Files\Windows Kits\8.1. The Debugger is located at \Debuggers, other useful binaries are around in \bin\arm. They also install Start Menu entries.
If the Kits Policy fails to install (black screen does not show up on next boot), try running the commands manually in an elevated command prompt. It failed to work for me in the first few tries, maybe due to a repeated command in the .bat file provided by MS. Running it manually should allow you to ignore that error.