FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Stuck on Samsung logo and no recovery

116 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By MSAKK, Senior Member on 12th March 2014, 01:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

My friend's note 2 got stuck on Samsung logo boot screen and whenever I access the recovery, it loads that android robot logo for a second and then restarts. I still have access to download mode, I have tried flashing a stock 4.3 rom, CWM and Philz recoveries with Odin but still same problem exists. I flashing using PDA button, should I try the bootloader or something?

The phone was on stock rom but she doesn't know the exact version and I assume it was on a 4.1.x rom.

Any help?
Thanks

12th March 2014, 01:27 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cairo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonta72

Use ODIN to flash back to 4.1 / 4.2 or 4.3

Sent from Gallifrey using TARDIS

I said that I tried to flash 4.3 but nothing happened still stuck on boot screen with no access to recovery
12th March 2014, 06:16 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,799

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAKK

I said that I tried to flash 4.3 but nothing happened still stuck on boot screen with no access to recovery

Here is what you do,go into ODIN mode and get the .tar.md5 of philz touch 6.19 or twrp 2.6.3.2 flash it via odin and uncheck "auto reboot" that you see on the left side of the ODIN app,let the recovery be flashed in ODIN and once you see in GREEN saying RECOVERY PASS exit odin and using the vol down +home + power button keep it pressed until you samsung note screen let go of all buttons as soon as you see it and you're recovery will load within 5-10 seconds (twrp loads faster than philz) if you keep the buttons even after seeing the samsung note 2 message then it won't go into recovery,btw your friend's phone has she upgraded to official 4.3? or still on 4.1.2?
12th March 2014, 10:56 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cairo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhpratik87

Here is what you do,go into ODIN mode and get the .tar.md5 of philz touch 6.19 or twrp 2.6.3.2 flash it via odin and uncheck "auto reboot" that you see on the left side of the ODIN app,let the recovery be flashed in ODIN and once you see in GREEN saying RECOVERY PASS exit odin and using the vol down +home + power button keep it pressed until you samsung note screen let go of all buttons as soon as you see it and you're recovery will load within 5-10 seconds (twrp loads faster than philz) if you keep the buttons even after seeing the samsung note 2 message then it won't go into recovery,btw your friend's phone has she upgraded to official 4.3? or still on 4.1.2?

I tried twrp now with unchecking "auto reboot" and still same problem, I think you meant volume up not down as down will get me into download mode again.
It loads till the android robot recovery logo with the moving hollow cube , it keeps moving for a second or something "loading" and then phone restarts by itself and gets stuck on samsung boot logo again.
She doesn't know which android version she was on, she in not that much into phones so probably with factory rom "4.1.2".

After all these successful flashes, Odin still says:
Custom binary download: No
Current binary: Samsung official
System binary: Official
12th March 2014, 02:09 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1,799

More
Quote:

I tried twrp now with unchecking "auto reboot" and still same problem, I think you meant volume up not down as down will get me into download mode again.
It loads till the android robot recovery logo with the moving hollow cube , it keeps moving for a second or something "loading" and then phone restarts by itself and gets stuck on samsung boot logo again.
She doesn't know which android version she was on, she in not that much into phones so probably with factory rom "4.1.2".

After all these successful flashes, Odin still says:
Custom binary download: No
Current binary: Samsung official
System binary: Official

you might want to follow this guide and try to re root her phone http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1896696 i followed that thread to root my note II ,but do remember that guide is only for users who are official 4.1.2 or 4.3 ,if your friend was on 4.1.1 you would need to download the official firmware from your country 4.1.2 that is and then follow the rooting guide,hope it works out for you,do let me know the end result
The Following User Says Thank You to singhpratik87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift singhpratik87 Ad-Free
13th March 2014, 12:36 PM |#7  
Flag Speed Force
Thanks Meter: 812

Donate to Me
More
Just one and simple Question: Can you access "Download Mode" ?

13th March 2014, 10:43 PM |#8  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Tutorial Try Wipe data and cache
I had this problem too after i clicked on factory reset in my rooted 4.3 n7100. Found the solution from a thread but i forgot where it was.
What I did was boot into recovery and perform "wipe data and cache". After wiping data, my note 2 are able to boot again...

NOTE: you will lose your data saved in your phone once you wiped it...
13th March 2014, 11:00 PM |#9  
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 967

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonta72

Just one and simple Question: Can you access "Download Mode" ?

Simple answer is yes. He quite clearly stated he could access download mode already in the OP.
14th March 2014, 02:01 PM |#10  
Flag Speed Force
Thanks Meter: 812

Donate to Me
More
Please OP, try multi-package firmware !
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheATHEiST

Simple answer is yes. He quite clearly stated he could access download mode already in the OP.

Ooops! Sorry ! Forgot this
Btw, I suggest OP to flash a firmware which is Multipackage (it contains a PDA, MODEM, BOOTLOADER etc)
Idk where you can find one (if i does exist because I mostly update my Note II using KIES)
The Following User Says Thank You to Nonta72 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nonta72 Ad-Free
14th March 2014, 02:27 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Hi,

My friend's note 2 got stuck on Samsung logo boot screen and whenever I access the recovery, it loads that android robot logo for a second and then restarts. I still have access to download mode, I have tried flashing a stock 4.3 rom, CWM and Philz recoveries with Odin but still same problem exists. I flashing using PDA button, should I try the bootloader or something?

The phone was on stock rom but she doesn't know the exact version and I assume it was on a 4.1.x rom.

Any help?
Thanks

Try use odin to re flash the twrp recovery 2.7.0.0-to3g version. It fixed my loop boot with out loosing all data
Hope this work for you too
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)