Bootloop + E:unable to mount /data

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    adb shell
    killall -19 recovery
    make_ext4fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p8
    reboot

Type in those commands via a usb connection to your device whilst it is in recovery.
    i already tried that, wiping (cache, dav, system, ata, factoty reset) anything gives the unable to mount /data error.

You'll need to manually format it using the terminal in TWRP

Make sure data is umounted then run this command. Make sure you have charged it as well or leave it plugged in.

It can take a number of hours to complete.

Code:
    mke2fs -T ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p8
    Sorry my bad english am latin.
    Hi guys first thread here and i need your help. Here s the thing, i was using my tf700, browsering, and the tablet goes off, i tried start up and a bootloop appears. So i go to Recovery (latest TWRP) and i tried to flash a ROM (latest crombi kk), like always i tried to wipe cache and dav bfore flash it but that proces seems to fail, and a couple of messages like unable to mount /data unable to mount /system appears, first time happening, i never had troubles with the tablet. So i tried to get fastboot mode and run the fastboot erase cach command (i read in a forum dat some guy did that and work for him), so i download the adb fastboot files, i connect the tf700 to my laptop (windows 7 64bit) and a installing drivers message and i wait and the driver that is called Transformer did not install, i dont know where to get those drivers, i found a file Asus usb drivers and bla bla but when i unzip the file i get 3 folders and no .exe or installer. So i tried to continue and i enter fastboot mode in the tablet and connect usb tablet-pc, and now another driver installing message appears, now is a driver called Fastboot, so i wait anda again the driver did not install correctly. So i continue and open cmd and tried the comman for erase cache, and only appears the WAITING FOR DEVICE text. i donw know waht to do, i also tried flashing again a ROM, bt only bootloop, trie again to wipe cache and dav but is only unable to mount /data. Any ideas ????

More likely your data partition got corrupted.

Try wiping it or formatting /data in TWRP to see if that helps? You will lose everything if you don't have backups.
    Moderator Notes: I was asked to sticky this thread as it seems to be a recurring issue and a couple of fixes are in the posts.

Sorry my bad english am latin.
    Hi guys first thread here and i need your help. Here s the thing, i was using my tf700, browsering, and the tablet goes off, i tried start up and a bootloop appears. So i go to Recovery (latest TWRP) and i tried to flash a ROM (latest crombi kk), like always i tried to wipe cache and dav bfore flash it but that proces seems to fail, and a couple of messages like unable to mount /data unable to mount /system appears, first time happening, i never had troubles with the tablet. So i tried to get fastboot mode and run the fastboot erase cach command (i read in a forum dat some guy did that and work for him), so i download the adb fastboot files, i connect the tf700 to my laptop (windows 7 64bit) and a installing drivers message and i wait and the driver that is called Transformer did not install, i dont know where to get those drivers, i found a file Asus usb drivers and bla bla but when i unzip the file i get 3 folders and no .exe or installer. So i tried to continue and i enter fastboot mode in the tablet and connect usb tablet-pc, and now another driver installing message appears, now is a driver called Fastboot, so i wait anda again the driver did not install correctly. So i continue and open cmd and tried the comman for erase cache, and only appears the WAITING FOR DEVICE text. i donw know waht to do, i also tried flashing again a ROM, bt only bootloop, trie again to wipe cache and dav but is only unable to mount /data. Any ideas ????
    If you can get into fastboot there's plenty you can do. How about your recovery? What version are you running and can you boot it?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk