FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Callisto 100 (similar to omate) watch microphone fix?

162 posts
Thanks Meter: 26

By b4d5h0t, Senior Member on 24th March 2014, 08:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all i have posted this in the omate forum as i believe the 2 watches to be very similar if not technically identical and was wondering how others have found the call quality of there watch. I received my iconbit callisto today and i am more than impressed with everything about it apart from the mic during calls it sounds like i am underwater when calling using the watch mic with some strange background interference noises, i can hear the caller perfectly through the strap speaker but they say my end sounds strange, calling using a bluetooth headset is clear though.

Anyone else have experienced this or know a fix? I have heared there is a patch available ensec i think its called, anyone know if the patch helps with the mic?

Im amazed with the performance of the watch its just a shame about the watch mic

Sent from my GT-N5100 using xda app-developers app

24th March 2014, 09:06 PM |#2  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars
Thanks Meter: 3,752

Donate to Me
More
EnSec does not fix the mic issue however it is very unwise to use your Callisto without the patch. There is also no fix for the mic issue at this time.
24th March 2014, 09:07 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4d5h0t

Hi all i have posted this in the omate forum as i believe the 2 watches to be very similar if not technically identical and was wondering how others have found the call quality of there watch. I received my iconbit callisto today and i am more than impressed with everything about it apart from the mic during calls it sounds like i am underwater when calling using the watch mic with some strange background interference noises, i can hear the caller perfectly through the strap speaker but they say my end sounds strange, calling using a bluetooth headset is clear though.

Anyone else have experienced this or know a fix? I have heared there is a patch available ensec i think its called, anyone know if the patch helps with the mic?

Im amazed with the performance of the watch its just a shame about the watch mic

I have too this problem with my watch Omate TrueSmart, I hope that it will fix.

Arie.
24th March 2014, 10:11 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 168

More
I wish we could figure out what is the cause of some TrueSmart watches, but not all of them, having the noisy mic issue.

If the same watch models running the same firmware are behaving differently as regards the sound quality of the mic, it seems to me that the difference must be in how they were assembled ? If so, it might be correctable.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
25th March 2014, 01:38 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Thanks for the replys, i have seen your youtube tutorial Loki for rooting and applying the ensec patch and i will be having a go at that very soon, as for the watch mic i have tested it using the voice recorder and also sending voice via whatsapp and the mic works fine its only during a call it becomes slightly unclear with strange background noises yet when speaking through a bluetooth headset during a call its perfect. i am going to try it through viber and skype through wifi and 3g then again with another sim card to see if i can work out whats going on, such a small annoying problem on a great device.

I really hope it is a firmware/software issue so it can maybe be rectified but it might be just interference from the cell radio messing with the mic

Is this a common fault with all of these smartwatches? or only some and maybe we could find out if its effecting both the European and US versions as dont we both run on a slightly different cell radio frequency

Im in the UK using a giffgaff sim which runs on the o2 network.

25th March 2014, 07:25 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Got mine yesterday but
I cant use it as a phone without a BT head set, Call quality is horrible on the other end. Hope they have a fix soon
26th March 2014, 03:18 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
master reset
This might be a dumb questions for some but I can not figure out how to do a master reset on my Omate.
Any help please
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)