FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Unable to connect to college wi-fi, mobiles blocked

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By clicksrv, Junior Member on 18th March 2014, 01:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys,
Our college wi-fi has blocked Android, iPhone and Windows Phone users from connecting to the network. Laptops are able to connect fine. Upon noticing how they block devices, it turns out that they block the mac addresses, and they keep doing so even after changing mac address. Changing MAC address on a blocked laptop works, on mobiles, it doesn't.
What I understand is that the routers are blocking all mobile devices directly, is there any way I can change my android device to appear as a laptop? From all I've tried searching and understanding, with UPnP connections, this data about the device is trasmitted?
I would be very glad if anyone can help me out with this. Just for information, my mobile is a rooted Galaxy S Advance (i9070), and the routers are the Aruba 105s.

22nd March 2014, 11:07 AM |#2  

More
probably they identify devices by another method and not by mac.

write in google: "How knowing the device, carrier and connection" and you'll find the answers.
18th August 2015, 01:21 PM |#3  

More
Mine problem is also the same but am using Windows phone.
So please suggest me something.
25th August 2015, 01:37 PM |#4  

More
actually , in my university students with android phone are using psiphon app which bypass the browser login page (24online client) , when the university admins got to know this, they blocked android phones from connecting to router , later they blocked the software connecting to our ssid but they didnt blocked windows pc because our professors take attendance on their laptops , they need to connect inside online server to mark attendance and the windows mobiles are also connecting to router
my phone is moto g2 rooted , i tried changing the device name ,modified the p2p_suppli and wpa_suppli file in system\etc\wifi . but nothing worked , is there anyway for android mobiles to appear as windows pc , so that it will connect to router
please help
thanking in advance
30th August 2015, 10:19 AM |#5  

More
Prompt Hack is the solution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by siddhulee

actually , in my university students with android phone are using psiphon app which bypass the browser login page (24online client) , when the university admins got to know this, they blocked android phones from connecting to router , later they blocked the software connecting to our ssid but they didnt blocked windows pc because our professors take attendance on their laptops , they need to connect inside online server to mark attendance and the windows mobiles are also connecting to router
my phone is moto g2 rooted , i tried changing the device name ,modified the p2p_suppli and wpa_suppli file in system\etc\wifi . but nothing worked , is there anyway for android mobiles to appear as windows pc , so that it will connect to router
please help
thanking in advance

ITM University,Gurgaon ?
13th October 2015, 06:41 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoshanRon

ITM University,Gurgaon ?

Yes, Correct! Any solution to this please? because its really annoying not being able to use the WiFi on phone.
29th October 2015, 04:37 AM |#7  
Flag Mathura

Donate to Me
More
not working
changing the host doest work. need to detect packet header info just sniff a single packet using wire shark and detect what info is travelling.
If any one want to work can mail me.
[email protected]
2nd December 2015, 07:40 AM |#8  
Flag Mathura

Donate to Me
More
ICMP blocking
hello guys
As I came to know that there firewall is blocking the ICMP pinging request to the server that is handling the local request. so if some how we can mask the local IP and tunnel the network then we can easily use the internet without any rules applied with full bamdwidth .
You can mail me if any one wants to work on it.
[email protected]
13th December 2015, 09:07 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Change your mac so it includes a different OUID

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
13th December 2015, 11:09 AM |#10  
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 59

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joolli

Change your mac so it includes a different OUID

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

MAC Address changes wont do much as stated previously
15th May 2016, 07:35 AM |#11  

More
Bro my Asus ZenFone 2 is now rooted .
My problem is that . When i buy this phone before 9 months ago then i go to my college (KMC , Delhi University ) and surfing by colg wifi. But suddenly my wifi has been disconnected and from last 9 months this is not connecting. There is authentic problem show.(other wifi or colg wifi are easily connect) college wifi blocks me. Plz solve my problem. When i try to change my device name by emulator after rooting my android there show that "could not set property " . Plz solve bro
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)