FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Android Wear in Galaxy Gear

243 posts
Thanks Meter: 112

By AxelCM1, Senior Member on 18th March 2014, 08:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I open this topic to ask the developers if it will be possible to port Android Wear on the Galaxy Gear.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AxelCM1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AxelCM1 Ad-Free

18th March 2014, 09:47 PM |#2  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCM1

I open this topic to ask the developers if it will be possible to port Android Wear on the Galaxy Gear.

There is already a thread for this here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2685864

and I think there's another one somewhere beside that.
The Following User Says Thank You to groaner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift groaner Ad-Free
16th May 2014, 04:28 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
I tried hacking the API and changing API level 19 to API level 17, repackaging it with apktool. It loaded successfully on the Gear but I get this error.

W/dalvikvm( 5231): Unable to resolve superclass of Lcom/google/android/clockwork/stream/NotificationCollectorService; (175)
W/dalvikvm( 5231): Link of class 'Lcom/google/android/clockwork/stream/NotificationCollectorService;' failed
D/AndroidRuntime( 5231): Shutting down VM
W/dalvikvm( 5231): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x41e42600)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5231): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 5231): java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/android/clockwork/stream/NotificationCollectorService
E/AndroidRuntime( 5231): at com.google.android.clockwork.home.HomeApplication. writeNotificationListenerSetting(HomeApplication.j ava:280)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5231): at com.google.android.clockwork.home.HomeApplication. onCreate(HomeApplication.java:115)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5231): at android.app.Instrumentation.callApplicationOnCreat e(Instrumentation.java:1017)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5231): at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(A ctivityThread.java:4579)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5231): at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1400(ActivityThr ead.java:154)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5231): at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Activit yThread.java:1344)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5231): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99 )
E/AndroidRuntime( 5231): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5231): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.jav a:5306)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5231): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5231): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5231): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCa ller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1102)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5231): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit .java:869)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5231): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5231): Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.google.android.clockwork.stream.NotificationC ollectorService" on path: /data/app/com.google.android.wearablepreview.app-1.apk
E/AndroidRuntime( 5231): at dalvik.system.BaseDexClassLoader.findClass(BaseDex ClassLoader.java:65)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5231): at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:5 01)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5231): at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:4 61)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5231): ... 14 more
W/ContextImpl( 1790): Calling a method in the system process without a qualified user: android.app.ContextImpl.sendBroadcast:1337 com.android.server.am.ActivityStack.startPausingLo cked:1412 com.android.server.am.ActivityStack.finishActivity Locked:5894 com.android.server.am.ActivityStack.finishActivity Locked:5808 com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.handl eAppCrashLocked:9539
I/ActivityManager( 1790): Clearing package preferred activities from com.google.android.wearablepreview.app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wuxiekeji For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wuxiekeji Ad-Free
26th June 2014, 09:29 AM |#4  
Flag PARIS
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Is there any chance that galaxy gear live helps you guys to port android wear on galaxy gear (One) ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neroleptic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neroleptic Ad-Free
26th June 2014, 11:38 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neroleptic

Is there any chance that galaxy gear live helps you guys to port android wear on galaxy gear (One) ?

+1

There has to be a way to do this, hopefully without loosing the sync functions and camera support.
The Following User Says Thank You to macarale For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift macarale Ad-Free
27th June 2014, 01:48 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Same here
27th June 2014, 04:13 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 642

More
Short answer, without source, is no. Samsung has already said this won't be TW-based.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2
14th July 2014, 10:27 AM |#8  

More
Any update anyone? I'd love to give it a try.
22nd July 2014, 03:19 PM |#9  
Flag CBUS
Thanks Meter: 49

More
We got partial source now!!! Fingers Crossed!!!
22nd July 2014, 11:32 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpimpin

We got partial source now!!! Fingers Crossed!!!

Hello pcpimpin

Good news to read you.
But can you detail a little bit more this information ?

Thanks
23rd July 2014, 02:56 PM |#11  
Flag CBUS
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqalg

Hello pcpimpin

Good news to read you.
But can you detail a little bit more this information ?

Thanks

Google released some of the source code for android wear. This may help Devs get Android Wear on non-support devices.....maybe
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)