FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

128gb micro SD note 3 n9005 support?

338 posts
Thanks Meter: 25

By KevandLynds, Senior Member on 19th March 2014, 05:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys, does the note 3 support 128gb micro SD cards? I've got the chance to get 1 but don't wanna waste money if it won't support it, cheers

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th March 2014, 05:47 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 359

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevandLynds

Hi guys, does the note 3 support 128gb micro SD cards? I've got the chance to get 1 but don't wanna waste money if it won't support it, cheers

It does - look into the Accessories subforum and see that there is a very, very long thread about the 128GB Sandisk microSD, and towards March 2014 you will see a number of people that finally got their 128GB microSD and posted results and impressions.
19th March 2014, 06:37 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Superb cheers

19th March 2014, 07:02 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevandLynds

I'm not sure if this applies to 128GB Sandisk cards, but I've read reports on Sandisk's forum, numerous Googled sites and have been told at several computer stalls in Hong Kong (where I live) of 64GB cards failing on 'some Samsung devices', most notably S4 and Note 3. I have a Note 3 and, until recently, a 64GB Sandisk Ultra UHS I [1]. After the KitKat update it stopped writing, deleting, it wouldn't even format. My storage was 'frozen'. I've since contacted Sandisk and while waiting for the replacement I've purchased a Samsung 64GB as I don't trust Sandisk right now
19th March 2014, 08:01 PM |#5  
Flag Georgetown, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwraith

I'm not sure if this applies to 128GB Sandisk cards, but I've read reports on Sandisk's forum, numerous Googled sites and have been told at several computer stalls in Hong Kong (where I live) of 64GB cards failing on 'some Samsung devices', most notably S4 and Note 3. I have a Note 3 and, until recently, a 64GB Sandisk Ultra UHS I [1]. After the KitKat update it stopped writing, deleting, it wouldn't even format. My storage was 'frozen'. I've since contacted Sandisk and while waiting for the replacement I've purchased a Samsung 64GB as I don't trust Sandisk right now

Are you effing kidding me?

Wow.

Just wow.

Complete n00b. Stop spreading misinformation.

mobilesyrup.com/2014/03/17/what-you-need-to-know-about-samsungs-android-4-4-update-for-the-galaxy-s4-and-galaxy-note-3/
The Following User Says Thank You to nexxusty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nexxusty Ad-Free
19th March 2014, 08:50 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxusty

Are you effing kidding me?

Wow.

Just wow.

Complete n00b. Stop spreading misinformation.

mobilesyrup.com/2014/03/17/what-you-need-to-know-about-samsungs-android-4-4-update-for-the-galaxy-s4-and-galaxy-note-3/

Well done, you did your homework. But talk about a knee-jerk reaction

Ok, let me clarify something here.
My phone is rooted. That's why I'm here at XDA. I've also fixed the RW permissions for external storage in platform.xml, which would've allowed me to continue using my card pre-KitKat. Note also that I'd tried other SD cards and they worked fine.
On my Sandisk I could not write, delete or format my SD card. What you mentioned only pertains to applications writing to the external storage.
I'd tried through my phone and PC, to no avail. Had I failed to provide enough analysis, don't you think Sandisk would've questioned me on this before agreeing to send me a replacement? Think, man!

They also queried what Samsung I was using, what kernel and build.
What would that have to do with anything? It's a hardware fault, but they were keen to know anyway.

See attached a screenshot of my nuked card, for your information. Consider what your next post on XDA will be, unless you wish to alienate yourself from more people who are only trying to help.

EDIT: In case you're wondering, no the card didn't split into two by some nano-nuclear explosion, I cut the card purposely at Sandisk's request in order to receive the new one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Case number 1894875 - 1.jpg
Views:	744
Size:	184.0 KB
ID:	2639252  
19th March 2014, 09:05 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

That is not an issue with your card. That is a "feature" of KitKat. They disabled the ability to write to it.

Requires root to fix for now.
GuestX0057
19th March 2014, 09:08 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRahl72

That is not an issue with your card. That is a "feature" of KitKat. They disabled the ability to write to it.

Apps that are updated can still write and read from their own folder on a sdcard
19th March 2014, 09:11 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRahl72

Did you read what I just wrote? The. card. failed.

Take a look for yourself here:
19th March 2014, 09:21 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Did you read what I just wrote? The. card. failed.

Take a look for yourself:

Yes I read the second part after I submitted my first post.

Apologies.
19th March 2014, 10:01 PM |#11  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 526

More
New 128gb sandusk ultra card is working well! Getting good speeds

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to celderic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift celderic Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)