FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Update firmware with locked/unlocked bootloader & root (14.3.A.0.761)

1,535 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,148

By zxz0O0, Senior Member on 21st March 2014, 09:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th June 2014, 04:13 PM |#461  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
When I try to install z1c-44-14.3.A.0.761-NO.system.flashable.zip I've got the below message :
Code:
set_perm: some changes failed
E: Error executing updater binary
Error flashing zip
I checked the MD5 and it's the same than the one provided in the thread.

What I'm doing :
  1. install UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99r4.zip
  2. Swipe "System"
  3. install z1c-44-14.3.A.0.761-NO.system.flashable.zip - fail

I'm using TWRP.

Any idea?

Thanks

12th June 2014, 07:30 PM |#462  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
People reported it's working in Philz recovery. If you are in TWRP now with locked bootloader and wiped /system, you need to flash some firmware (e.g. 757) otherwise you will end up in a bootloop.
13th June 2014, 10:30 AM |#463  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Stuck on boot 'SONY' Screen
Hi, Was trying to update from 4.3 to 4.4 (rooted) as per this guide.

I made a mistake and after step 6 (format /system), I rebooted the system. Now am unable to start up the phone nor get into recover. Is there any way for me to recover the phone now to a previous state (I have some old CWM backups) and then start over again?

Appreciate any help in moving forward and hope I have not bricked the phone completely!

Thanks,

Vijay
13th June 2014, 01:16 PM |#464  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
You have to do the rooting guide again. You could copy your CWM backup to the computer and after rooting restore the CWM (because during rooting you will loose all data on internal storage).
The Following User Says Thank You to zxz0O0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zxz0O0 Ad-Free
13th June 2014, 07:34 PM |#465  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 349

More
Thumbs up
Ok friends i need your help (have read 1000x all the tutorial stuff)
I unlocked my rom aur 4.3 bootloader,installed 4.4 kitkat with this guide and my camera is not functioning ok
When i press shutter it just sits there with led on(i have to put it to sleep and camera is back on preview)
I have tried flashing new intersect kernel,wiping camera,wiping phone and it is still not working,i have recovery and everything is normally working,is that a problem with unlocked bootloader ? Tnx in advance

ps. i have used D5503_14.3.A.0.757_CE.ftf image,tried both recoveries and nothing changed

EDIT: I am going to answer this to myself to help other people having this issue,after reading many threads and solutions(5-6 hours) i finally make it to work,
The problem was in recovery and not in unlocked bootloader....
I just flashed another ftf image for 757 generic_NO,installed this recovery file Z1c_DooMLoRD_AdvStkKernel_FW-757_v04 and super su after that from that recovery and camera is working like it is meant to be
I was shure it was problem in unlocking the bootlader but the problem is in recoveries somewhere Cheers
16th June 2014, 07:37 AM |#466  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Rooted from start and phone is ok now..
Did that and the phone is functional again. Will try the upgrade to 4.4 again in a couple of days. Any idea about what could have gone wrong after formatting the system? Is there any easy recovery process in this situation, in case it were to repeat?

Thanks,

Vijay

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxz0O0

You have to do the rooting guide again. You could copy your CWM backup to the computer and after rooting restore the CWM (because during rooting you will loose all data on internal storage).

16th June 2014, 08:02 AM |#467  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
It's because you rebooted the phone after formatting /system. It's like if you format C:\ and try to start Windows. There is no more Windows (additionally, recovery menu also resides in /system so that's also gone).
The Following User Says Thank You to zxz0O0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zxz0O0 Ad-Free
18th June 2014, 08:53 PM |#468  
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
I am using a Z2 Tablet SGP511 (.69) fully rooted with locked bootloader and everything else stock. If I want to install the lockeddualrecovery (TabZ2-lockeddualrecovery2.7.125-BETA.installer), how can I restore to stock recovery while keep root and without wiping data? Can't I backup my current stock recovery before flashing dualrecovery?
19th June 2014, 03:59 AM |#469  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 266

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlulp

I am using a Z2 Tablet SGP511 (.69) fully rooted with locked bootloader and everything else stock. If I want to install the lockeddualrecovery (TabZ2-lockeddualrecovery2.7.125-BETA.installer), how can I restore to stock recovery while keep root and without wiping data? Can't I backup my current stock recovery before flashing dualrecovery?

there is no stock recovery in sony and u can get the procedure of removing dual recovery in sony cross platform development section...

Sent from my Xperia Z1 Compact
The Following User Says Thank You to coolkoushik07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift coolkoushik07 Ad-Free
27th June 2014, 07:42 AM |#470  
Flag houilles
Thanks Meter: 161

Donate to Me
More
Android 4.4.4 is now avaible for our phone. Firmware 14.4.A.0.108 started rolling out since yesterday, fixing bugs especially notification sound issue is gone

here is the FTF file FTF file 14.4.A.0.108 Android 4.4.4 KitKat for Z1 Compact thanks to @Jozinek

@zxz0O0 could you update the thread with this new firmware ?
27th June 2014, 08:16 AM |#471  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonio78r

Android 4.4.4 is now avaible for our phone. Firmware 14.4.A.0.108 started rolling out since yesterday, fixing bugs especially notification sound issue is gone

here is the FTF file FTF file 14.4.A.0.108 Android 4.4.4 KitKat for Z1 Compact thanks to @Jozinek

@zxz0O0 could you update the thread with this new firmware ?

Well I can do it but it's easier to just flash the firmware and then root it again. (e.g. with Easy Root Tool)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zxz0O0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zxz0O0 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)