FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Xperia Z2 Tablet - Initial impressions thread

111 posts
Thanks Meter: 45
 
By Aripex, Senior Member on 21st March 2014, 03:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th March 2014, 12:03 AM |#31  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Is the extra bezel on the Z2 an issue for anyone?

Is everyones battery life still positive?
 
 
27th March 2014, 06:48 AM |#32  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 324
 
More
I have the first generation Tablet Z and can attest:

The bigger bezels are NOT a problem, on the contrary they are a PLUS of the tablet because only this way the low weight of the device can be fully utilized by being able to hold it very comfortably with one hand!

And you can be 100% sure that Sony did retain the bezel size on the Z2 not because they otherwise wouldn't fit in the internals, but on purpose because they absolutely know that ergonomically the broader bezels are clearly better than the seemingly hip thin bezels.
27th March 2014, 09:11 AM |#33  
Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlad1

Is the extra bezel on the Z2 an issue for anyone?

Is everyones battery life still positive?

The bezel is no larger than my old Iconia A500's. And >As hasenbein1966 said, without it , it'd be difficult to hold it with one hand at least in landscape mode , it actually would make it better in portrait though.
But it bothers me none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timdb

Can anyone test the tablet in the sunshine? Is the display still good readable ?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk

Haven't see any sunshine lately, mostly rain so can't help you there but just having a small light behind you when using the tablet is really bothersome, my guess is is it does not fare well outdoor.
27th March 2014, 11:24 AM |#34  
Diamondback's Avatar
Retired Developer Committee Lead / Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 6,558
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasenbein1966

I have the first generation Tablet Z and can attest:

The bigger bezels are NOT a problem, on the contrary they are a PLUS of the tablet because only this way the low weight of the device can be fully utilized by being able to hold it very comfortably with one hand!

And you can be 100% sure that Sony did retain the bezel size on the Z2 not because they otherwise wouldn't fit in the internals, but on purpose because they absolutely know that ergonomically the broader bezels are clearly better than the seemingly hip thin bezels.

+1

Gesendet von meinem SGP512 mit Tapatalk
27th March 2014, 07:43 PM |#35  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Can anyone tell me if this tablet has USB OTG? I know the Z2 phone supports it so can't see why this wouldn't. Thanks.
27th March 2014, 07:51 PM |#36  
Diamondback's Avatar
Retired Developer Committee Lead / Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 6,558
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmorris234

Can anyone tell me if this tablet has USB OTG? I know the Z2 phone supports it so can't see why this wouldn't. Thanks.

Yes it does, mount point is "/storage/usbdisk/"
27th March 2014, 07:54 PM |#37  
Diamondback's Avatar
Retired Developer Committee Lead / Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 6,558
 
More
Initial battery impressions: Looking good so far, second charge, down to 50% and I am currently at roughly 6h of screen-on-time (about 7h since plugging out).
Mainly watched videos but also surfed and played a bit of GTA:SA in that time.
27th March 2014, 09:57 PM |#38  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 324
 
More
Sounds too good... 6h screen on with 50% battery? With a 6000mAh battery? I doubt it. How was the screen brightness?
27th March 2014, 10:10 PM |#39  
Diamondback's Avatar
Retired Developer Committee Lead / Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 6,558
 
More
Well you are free to believe whatever you want, I'm just sharing my impressions and experiences. Brightness was set to auto all the time.
27th March 2014, 10:23 PM |#40  
Felimenta97's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ribeirão Preto
Thanks Meter: 2,332
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondback

Well you are free to believe whatever you want, I'm just sharing my impressions and experiences. Brightness was set to auto all the time.

I believe you, in a heartbeat. But, when you get to around 5% (or the lowest you can get, if you gonna need to charge it for another reason earlier), could you post some screenshots? Battery time (graph + status), expanded graph, screen time and,if Stamina is active, how it is set up (from which %, if Performance Limit is activated).

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk
27th March 2014, 11:06 PM |#41  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Post First impressions
I got my 32GB wifi this afternoon and have been using it for a few hours. My very first impressions are these:

+Surfing (Firefox) works very well, even on heavy pages
+Quick in usage
+Sony's interface well done with apps that can be placed as an overlay

-Keypresses are not always registered. For example the double-tap wake sometimes does nothing. Other cases the lockscreen (whole screen) registers no input at all until I disconnect the charger or wait a while.
-Too reflective screen, even the little Finnish sun was a bit bothersome
-Have to open latch to charge the tablet, wonder how long before it breaks. Would have been better if Sony supplied a magnetic charger.
-Too much bloatware that can't be removed
-Bluetooth seems to drop connection at times when teethering
-Very poor camera, compared to my normal phone (HTC One S)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes