[ROM][4.4.4]VanirAOSP[OFFICIAL][Samsung X Cover 2-GT-S7710]

7,086 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,262

By Unjustified Dev, Recognized Developer on 21st March 2014, 06:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd July 2014, 02:56 PM |#291  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
so strange....every time when i tend to start it its giving me the error that the exchange service stopped...or smthg like this....strange...
23rd July 2014, 06:31 PM |#292  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
works fine now...just deleted cache for email services.now i discoverd another isue...bluetooth...doesnt work
23rd July 2014, 09:36 PM |#293  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Memphis , TN
Thanks Meter: 13,262

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joywork

Hi, today i tried recommended prerooted stock rom, but same result - no mobile network, only empty triangle icon in panel.

About phone: baseband: XXXX, service: uncovered, IP adress: unknown, signal strong: - 113 dBm 0asu, IMEI: yes

In past i tried preflash prerooted rom XXAMB6 and baseband at least show correctly (no mobile signal anyway), today XXXX

Grab adb logcat -b radio > radio.txt and pm me
24th July 2014, 10:12 AM |#294  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Hi, as i was posting here some time ago, im still using your soft. But after few updates ago, you started to add gpio-keys.kl with all hardware buttons WAKE, which is totally irritating. All the time, after every update i have to edit it manually.
Could you just exclude this file from your zip, to let users have configuration like before update? Nothing rly can change there, so it wont be a problem i think...
24th July 2014, 11:12 AM |#295  
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Well for some people it's irritating when the keys do wake the phone up and for others it's when they don't... I'd say use the same setting as the stock ROM (i.e. power and home keys wake up).

Yeah, well, that's just, like, my oppinion, man.
The Following User Says Thank You to pojir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pojir Ad-Free
24th July 2014, 12:23 PM |#296  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
For me it's OK wake with home would be nice to have a setting for this...
BTW a hint to avoid wake undesirable simply set maximize widget in lock screen setting and would be much harder to unlock accidentally

Sent from my GT-S7710 using XDA Free mobile app
24th July 2014, 12:35 PM |#297  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Phone Problem with mobile network solved….
……at least for me and one guy. I don't understand, how and why it works, but i tried paste this command from linux terminal:

adb shell
su
find /efs/|while read s; do chown radio:system $s; done;
find /modemfs/|while read s; do chown radio:system $s; done;
chmod -R 777 /efs/
chmod -R 777 /modemfs/
reboot

But without previous backup and restore modemfs and efs, just aplied on prerooted XXAMB6 stock ROM current installed on my device. After reboot i went to CWM, wipe data, dalvik, cache and flash latest Vanir ROM. After boot ROM works perfectly. First time i thought, that problem was in older versions of Vanir, but one owner of xcover 2 send me message, that same latest ROM no works on his device after flashing. After application of commands work.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joywork For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joywork Ad-Free
24th July 2014, 01:13 PM |#298  
Flag Split
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joywork

……at least for me and one guy. I don't understand, how and why it works, but i tried paste this command from linux terminal:

adb shell
su
find /efs/|while read s; do chown radio:system $s; done;
find /modemfs/|while read s; do chown radio:system $s; done;
chmod -R 777 /efs/
chmod -R 777 /modemfs/
reboot

But without previous backup and restore modemfs and efs, just aplied on prerooted XXAMB6 stock ROM current installed on my device. After reboot i went to CWM, wipe data, dalvik, cache and flash latest Vanir ROM. After boot ROM works perfectly. First time i thought, that problem was in older versions of Vanir, but one owner of xcover 2 send me message, that same latest ROM no works on his device after flashing. After application of commands work.

can you describe the process in more details? where should i put this commands?
24th July 2014, 01:23 PM |#299  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by chil3r

can you describe the process in more details? where should i put this commands?

I used Linux terminal, in Windows i don't know how, but method exists. I installed android tool adb from repository (Ubuntu and derivates), open terminal and paste commands (no all together, but each separately step by step. after paste last command phone go to reboot. Then shutdown and go to CWM, then flash and reboot.
24th July 2014, 02:05 PM |#300  
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 42

More
http://youtu.be/81DqvCZFIA0 this looks like a nice adb shell tutorial for windows. Didn't watch it nor test it though, I have adb working fine in linux and android tablet.

By the way you have to have the ROM rooted and after the 'su' command confirm root privileges prompt on the phone.

On my stock ROM I just tried it and it doesn't include the 'find' binary so I had to do it like this:

chown radio:system /efs/* /efs/*/* /modemfs/* /modemfs/*/* /modemfs/*/*/*
chmod -R 777 /efs /modemfs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pojir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pojir Ad-Free
24th July 2014, 07:18 PM |#301  
Flag Split
Thanks Meter: 18

More
It works!!! Thanks guys!
I did it like Joywork said, and now the signal is BOOLETPROOF!!

So, developers, please add this fix in the next build, so that this issue can be the past.

One more thing, for what I didnt get the response yet from the developers... Can you please implement the CM stock file manager in the ROM? Everything else is so great, but this little thingy is ruining the perfection!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chil3r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chil3r Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xcover-2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)