I am proud to present you with an All-in-One custom ROM for the HTC Desire.
Thanks very much to PAC-man devs and all the other dev teams, e.g. PA, AOKP and CM, for their amazing ROM features!
PAC-man ROM 4.4 is a ROM build from scratch from AOSP with our own tweaks and options, including picks and features from the best ROMs out there!
Why choose among ROMs, when you have All-in-One !!
* All in One Rom [Core features from PA, AOKP and CM]
* PAC in Black
* Status bar tweaks
* Status & Navigation Bar See Through
* Quick Settings Panel tweaks
* Notification Drawer tweaks
* Lockscreen Notifications
* Active Display
* Gesture Anywhere
* Init.d scripts
* Build.prop Mods
* Statusbar Weather
* PAC Console (OTA update not working because this is an unofficial build!)
* Navigation Bar (custom colours, icons, layout, buttons)
* Navigation Ring
* Recents RAM Bar
* Recents: Use Slim's Recents Apps Panel OR OmniSwitch
* Slim's Power Menu settings (add more options and toggles)
* Expanded Desktop
* Quick Settings (Tiles)
* Quick Access Ribbon in drawer
* Tons of other stuff that needs further exploration
Adaptions for bravo:
* Built-in A2SD
* Patched Kernel (based on Evervolv's qsd8k) with additional CPU govs (SmartassV2, InteractiveX) and compiled with a custom toolchain (GCC v4.8.3)
* Tweaks for longer battery life and increased scrolling performance
* This is a pre-alpha release.
* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty!
* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us!
* Do not ask for ETAs!!
* I don't claim responsibility for the code in this rom, I have only built it for this device.
* An hboot with at least 250mb on system. These include stock hboot or Alpha Jelly (250/5/182) hboot (credits @jmcclue)
* A 512mb - 1.5gb EXT partition (EXT4 recommended) on your sdcard. Use this guide to create the partition. Partitions made using other tools (CWM, Minitool Partition Wizard, etc.) will likely cause issues.
* The latest TWRP (credits @Chromium_) or 4EXT (credits @madmaxx82) Recovery. Old versions of CWM may cause issues.
* Full wipe
* Flash ROM
* Flash Gapps
* Boot rom and let it settle down (3-5 min)
* Enable A2SD or flash alternate memory script (e.g. Mounts2SD; see 2nd post for details)
* Reboot and then add your Google account (now there is sufficient space for updating Google Search; Camera, etc.
* Please do all tweaks with caution!
* Settings > Performance > Processor > Maximum CPU frequency > set to 1113 MHz
* Settings > Performance > Processor > Enable "Set on boot"
* Settings > Performance > Scrolling cache > set to "Default enable"
* Settings > Developer options > Enable "Force GPU rendering"
* Reboot to let the changes take effect.
* This is an unofficial release and therefore OTA updates are not working!
* Just revisit this thread from time to time!
* MMS (present in all 4.x ROMs; Just use Textra SMS instead)
* Video recording/playback (present in all 4.x ROMs)
* Screen recording (brings "Unable to create output directory.")
* openVPN (kernel does not support this)
* SELinux (disabled by intention)
* ART (disabled by intention)
* Submit a bug
* Submit a patch
* PAC-man ROM 4.4 for HTC Desire Pre-Alpha Release 2
* md5 513087cd3c4f96e2721926eac4bd9351
* Slim Gapps 4
* md5 404e203573e5fbe1275308a5b6cd2655
* Evervolv Team
* Cyanogen Team
* AOKP Team
* Paranoid Android
* PAC-man Team
* Carbon ROM
* Paranoid SaberDroid
* JaeKar99 and the PAC Graphix Team - Graphics, logos and images
P.S.: You may want to compile it yourself..
1) To initialize for KitKat: repo init -u git://github.com/spezi77/pacman.git -b pac-4.4 2) Then to sync up: repo sync -j# (where # is the specific number of Jobs, 4 is default, change in accordance to internet performance/bandwidth/speed. Default is 4.) 3) Then to build: ./build-pac.sh bravo
Have a nice day!