[ROM] [NIGHTLY] [KitKat] [4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 nightlies

Search This thread

milaq

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2009
milaq.net
fTppXto.jpg

Welcome to the unofficial CyanogenMod 11.0 nightlies

The releases will co-inside and the build start time is at 03:01 UTC every sunday night and should be uploaded soon after. If at anytime the builds are not there, then there was a problem building the ROM, and we will have a look at it ASAP.

OUYA BOOTMENU REQUIRED (mlq)
In order to use these builds you NEED to have the Ouya Bootmenu installed.
More info here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2692836

Newer CWM required (>=6.0.4.7)

Download (6.0.4.8)

Download Google Apps (2014-01-05)
Button mappings for controllers (Ouya, Xbox, PS, Wii, Logitech, etc.)

And as always: I take no responsibility whatsoever for raging, screaming, crying, frustration, failing, confusion, dead kittens, etc.

Last edited:

milaq

Feb 24, 2009
milaq.net
  • Hal9k - for the inital ouya bootmenu and many great ideas
  • Dan Pasanen (invisiblek) - for great work on the recovery and initial porting efforts
  • Kreg Hanning (khanning) - for his CM10 port
  • Steve Kondik (cyanogen) - for starting this great project
  • Google - for an awesome OS

Let me know if i omitted you and i will add you here asap

Visit us in #cyanogenmod (general) or #cyanogenmod-dev (only dev related talk) on freenode

milaq

Feb 24, 2009
milaq.net
Force output resolution to 720p

in terminal emulator:
Code:
su
setprop persist.tegra.hdmi.resolution 720p

Manual overscan compensation

in terminal emulator:
Code:
su
setprop persist.sys.hdmi.overscan 1 
setprop persist.sys.hdmi.overscan.val [0.0 - 0.2]

Known bugs / caveats:

• sound stuttering with some streams (e.g. alarms)
  • bootanimation cuts off too early
  • you tell me...

Last edited:

takagen

Feb 13, 2012
Thanks for this.

Just a quick check.
If i made a backup in CWM before flashing this new one, in case anything screws up, i'm still able to restore right ?

Last edited:

BenG321

Oct 28, 2012
Excellent work! Thanks to everyone involved! I've been using CM10 Experimental forever, but it looks like it's soon time for a change.
(And happy birthday, IncognitoMan!)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

Ipse_Tase

Feb 29, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Since the user community seems to be shrinking, can I ask whoever upgrades to CM11 to post their experience (what works and what not) here?
I will do the same, but probably won't be able to get to it before the weekend.

IncognitoMan

Jul 2, 2013
Since the user community seems to be shrinking, can I ask whoever upgrades to CM11 to post their experience (what works and what not) here?
I will do the same, but probably won't be able to get to it before the weekend.

Everything seems to work except for a few issues...

1.) USB drives don't mount correctly ( simple solution is to unmount and remount from term or adb )

2.) Slight slowdowns in some areas

I'll also add that some of my crashes with XBMC Gotham build seem to be all gone now... Also since we are now on a firmware >=4.3 we can enjoy some better quality netflix for a change...

--------------edit:

Just curious... I noticed that you included cifs support but didn't build nls_utf8 with it? Any particular reason?

Last edited:

Skater4599

Sep 4, 2010
This is the best news for my Ouya, I'm so happy to see this, thanks to everyone involved! Will try this out ASAP.

datagutt

Dec 20, 2010
Askim
datagutt1.com
OnePlus 9 Pro
Just a few ideas (updating this as i explore):
  • Add ethernet settings (ethernet works but no way to disable/enable)
  • Install a suitable IME by default
Hmm, can't seem to get any audio... Is this a known bug?

Last edited:
Reactions: reeshmd23

jellysweep

Dec 31, 2009
This is exciting. I'm buying an ouya strictly for XBMC + Android purposes. Looking forward to trying it out as well. Thanks for your efforts everyone.

Those already running the rom - any issues installing / running XBMC/Netflix/Play store?

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Hmm, can't seem to get any audio... Is this a known bug?

I'm guessing it's on your end because OP said:
sound stuttering with some streams (e.g. alarms)

Seems like it works, but chokes on certain things.

KJRob

Aug 1, 2013
Bringhurst
No luck here...

I flashed the new recovery and boot menu. Flashed latest CM11 version and gapps. I get the Cyanogen boot screen and then nothing. Gonna try again and post results.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

I flashed the new recovery and boot menu. Flashed latest CM11 version and gapps. I get the Cyanogen boot screen and then nothing. Gonna try again and post results.

Reflashed everything from the get go and its amazing. So ffar so good. Gonna give XBMC a run. One quick question, is it safe to use ART on this one?

KJRob

Aug 1, 2013
Bringhurst
Still truckin'

Running pretty good on the 20140325 nightly. I have tried XBMC, Facebook, Tumblr, Angry Birds,Youtube, Pandora and Quickboot. I am running a non-powered 4 port usb hub from Walmart with a 16gig thumb drive, wired keyboard and a wireless mouse dongle. My cheap little Bluetooth keyboard had no problems connecting as well. Now for the issues, From time to time I notice a video glitch, tiny flash of the screen and a single line quickly flashes on the screen (could very well be interference on my end). Settings FCs all the time however I can get in to it by clicking the battery icon in the drop down menu. All and all I am very happy with this port. :good:Thanks again for a job well done.:good: I will continue to test nightlys on a weekly basis.

Last edited:

stepdierc

Dec 2, 2007
I too am getting Settings FCs. Also, the Ouya controller buttons are a little different now, I can't use the D-pad for navigation. I've also noticed the video glitches that KJRob noticed, mine seem to only happen with mouse movement. XBMC (v13 beta 2), Netflix, Vevo and Youtube work great though. As always, great work Milaq.

frickinjerms

Sep 14, 2008
Victoria, TX
proudly typing this from my cm11'd ouya :D running the 3/26 build and netflix / youtube / emulators all run even better than with stock ouya firmware!
powered usb hub with wireless mouse/kb combo, 1.5tb external and retarded long wire to a ps3 remote all were ready to roll with zero issues!
only hiccup that i had to wipe my data in the new cwm because i didn't get boot without and now my /sdcard/ which is still linked to /storage/emulated/0 is no longer linked to /data/media like it is supposed to be.. i tried rebooting a couple times and no dice.. if i use root explorer or the native file manager in root mode i can see my old files in /data/media but the zips just stall and the apks i had downloaded all just say "couldn't parse the package"

Sent from my Ouya using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

KJRob

Aug 1, 2013
Bringhurst
Controller...

I too am getting Settings FCs. Also, the Ouya controller buttons are a little different now, I can't use the D-pad for navigation. I've also noticed the video glitches that KJRob noticed, mine seem to only happen with mouse movement. XBMC (v13 beta 2), Netflix, Vevo and Youtube work great though. As always, great work Milaq.

I had the same issue with the controller. I understand PS3 controllers are the way to go. I dont have one so I cant test it. I am fine with the mouse/keyboard combo for now. As I get older I find that gaming is just not important. My son on the other hand is gonna want the controller to work. I bought my Ouya for use as an XBMC box anyway. With CM11 the added ability to use my Facebook and other standard Android apps is a big plus. I just partitioned a thumb drive and am going to test link2sd next. Result will follow soon.

I do have a suggestion for the polished end product though. I have 3 users in the house. With the ability to access our social networking apps multi user profiles would be great. It would add the ability for each of us to have our own setup in XBMC as well.

I am hopeful we will see Multiboot for the Ouya too. It would be nice to choose CM and Stock+ at boot. I know the Ouya Store is coming to Android but I still enjoy the vanilla Ouya setup.

Top Liked Posts