FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE][ROOT]Nokia X - How root the new v11.1.1 update

199 posts
Thanks Meter: 932

Post Reply Email Thread
Hello Folks,

As i already said i´m so busy these days, i would like to continue my developing with NokiaX at least i know @dhacker29 is working in device too.

With a recovery booting but with framebuffer troubles (have to check it again with the new kernel..)

Im gonna release a new way to Root our device.

A few weeks ago i found something really weird in my device so i reported it to Nokia security team...now its fixed but Im a little disappointed about that.. but this is another story.

So, lets go with this little guide.

First i must to say, why i should research and wasting my non-time trying or writing new exploits when we have something that still works.

So all this credits goes to ZJMedia

Download this package from http://goo.gl/LiQzz1

Now when your device is updated and plug in.

1- Install Nokia Composite ADB Interface (using it from Nokia Usb Drivers folder)
2- Open KingRoot app while device its working and plugged (If everything goes fine, should be detected as: Android Device (msm8625) Normal Mode

Yes, i know it.... KISS principle
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Kashamalaga For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kashamalaga Ad-Free

25th March 2014, 06:18 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Appreciate for your hard work. May I ask how to use the folder of NokiaX USB Drivers? Where is it put?
26th March 2014, 01:08 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Thank you Kashamalaga!

For those wondering what to do with the Nokia drivers:
-Plug your phone to your computer
-Go to device manager and find your phone on the list(it should have a punctuation mark for windows 7 users)
-Right click on your phone and install the nokia drivers
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oaba09 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oaba09 Ad-Free
26th March 2014, 06:12 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaba09

Thank you Kashamalaga!

For those wondering what to do with the Nokia drivers:
-Plug your phone to your computer
-Go to device manager and find your phone on the list(it should have a punctuation mark for windows 7 users)
-Right click on your phone and install the nokia drivers

Thanks for your answer. I know the steps. But I have a question following.
Does the 32 bit computer choose the folder of i386 and the 64 bit computer choose the folder of amd64 while installing the nokia drivers?
26th March 2014, 06:50 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Nokia
Good news nokia x you got some senior developers @Kashamalaga for now
27th March 2014, 04:27 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurinaka

Thanks for your answer. I know the steps. But I have a question following.
Does the 32 bit computer choose the folder of i386 and the 64 bit computer choose the folder of amd64 while installing the nokia drivers?

When I was prompted to choose the location of the driver, I just chose the main nokia folder. Your computer should automatically choose and install whatever driver is needed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
27th March 2014, 05:38 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaba09

When I was prompted to choose the location of the driver, I just chose the main nokia folder. Your computer should automatically choose and install whatever driver is needed.

Thank you. Totally understand now.

27th March 2014, 09:08 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
With rooted device:

1. Download update OTA file
2. Copy to SDcard and rename to update.zip
3. Power off phone (press power butom about 15s)
4. Press and Hold Power_Butom & Volume+ Butom until show Nokia text on screen, then the phone will go to recovery mode
5. Choose install zip and brower to update.zip on SDcard
6. Wait the setup complete
7. Reboot phone
8. Done
The Following User Says Thank You to MicrosoftGoogle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MicrosoftGoogle Ad-Free
28th March 2014, 02:55 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
read somewhere Root Master 1.3.6 works on rooting 11.1.1 can anyone confirm?
29th March 2014, 06:33 AM |#10  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 93

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashamalaga

Hello Folks,

As i already said i´m so busy these days, i would like to continue my developing with NokiaX at least i know @dhacker29 is working in device too.

With a recovery booting but with framebuffer troubles (have to check it again with the new kernel..)

Im gonna release a new way to Root our device.

A few weeks ago i found something really weird in my device so i reported it to Nokia security team...now its fixed but Im a little disappointed about that.. but this is another story.

So, lets go with this little guide.

First i must to say, why i should research and wasting my non-time trying or writing new exploits when we have something that still works.

So all this credits goes to ZJMedia

Download this package from http://goo.gl/LiQzz1

Now when your device is updated and plug in.

1- Install Nokia Composite ADB Interface (using it from Nokia Usb Drivers folder)
2- Open KingRoot app while device its working and plugged (If everything goes fine, should be detected as: Android Device (msm8625) Normal Mode

Yes, i know it.... KISS principle

A complete Success !! Best and the easiest way to root your Nokia X after update 11.1.1 I'll recommend it in my Youtube channel
30th March 2014, 01:40 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy Help needed !
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicrosoftGoogle

With rooted device:

1. Download update OTA file
2. Copy to SDcard and rename to update.zip
3. Power off phone (press power butom about 15s)
4. Press and Hold Power_Butom & Volume+ Butom until show Nokia text on screen, then the phone will go to recovery mode
5. Choose install zip and brower to update.zip on SDcard
6. Wait the setup complete
7. Reboot phone
8. Done

I'm new here, can you please explain in step by step process from rooting and ADB !
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nokiax, root, v11.1.1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)