I'm going to make this as easy as possible with the hope that some one out there will be able to help me. Because I hit my data limit and I can't even download a simple app from the Google Play Store.
My Problem: Wifi will not toggle on
My Phone (The current state of the status bar makes me cringe as well. I literally JUST got done with a factory reset)
A quick run through
1. The phone was running 4.3 when I bought it. (wifi worked)
2. I decided to root using CF-Auto Root (wifi worked)
3. I updated to 4.4.2 using the Samsung Kies (breaking my root of course)
4. I re-rooted with CF-Auto Root and flashed the latest TWRP
5. A few days later, I turned on WiFi for the first time and it instantly switched itself back off.
I'm positive I flashed all the correct stuff. I do my research before voiding my warrenty.
(for 4.4.2, I flashed the latest CF-Auto-Root-jfltetmo-jfltetmo-sghm919.tar.md5 with Odin v3.09. Afterwards, openrecovery-twrp-22.214.171.124-jfltetmo.tar)
Solutions I've tried:
-Took out the battery
-a few other little modifications I did in root explorer
If you've any questions about what I've done or any suggestions for things to try, please let me know. I would like to avoid flashing a custom ROM for the time being.
Thank you in advance for any help!