FORUMS

View Poll Results: What would you like to see in the next version of the Rainbow app?

Support the Copy.com service

9 Vote(s)
25.71%
Support the GCloud Backup service

1 Vote(s)
2.86%
Support the iDrive service

1 Vote(s)
2.86%
Support the Mediafire service

2 Vote(s)
5.71%
Support the Mega service

6 Vote(s)
17.14%
Manage folders (copy and delete a folder)

13 Vote(s)
37.14%
A more colorful UI

3 Vote(s)
8.57%

[APP][2.3+] Rainbow - Sync your data between cloud like services

108 posts
Thanks Meter: 64

By Vasilis77, Senior Member on 27th March 2014, 08:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Dear all,
I am pleased to announce the release of Rainbow 1.0. Here is a brief description of this application:

The Rainbow application is a powerful tool to transfer (copy or delete) data from one cloud service to another, in three simple steps:
1) Select the source service.
2) Select the files that you want to transfer, and
3) Select the target service.

Rainbow supports the following five cloud services:
- Bitcasa
- Box
- Pogoplug
- OneDrive (old SkyDrive)
- Sugar Sync

Rainbow is free of charge, it runs on Android 2.3 and higher and you may download it from the Google Play

For those of you who own a Kindle device you can download it from Amazon

I am looking forward to your comments/ suggestions

Thank you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utions.Rainbow
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Vasilis77 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vasilis77 Ad-Free
24th April 2014, 08:48 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Dear all,

I am pleased to inform you that version 1.1 is out. This version supports the Dropbox cloud service
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vasilis77 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vasilis77 Ad-Free
8th May 2014, 10:26 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Dear all,

I am pleased to inform you that version 1.2 is out. This version supports the Google Drive cloud service, and minor bugs are fixed
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vasilis77 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vasilis77 Ad-Free
8th May 2014, 10:54 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,574

More
May I suggest to implement mega too on next version?
That would be great!
Thanks for your hard work!

Sent from somewhere around the world
The Following User Says Thank You to la_malacoda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift la_malacoda Ad-Free
9th May 2014, 01:32 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by la_malacoda

May I suggest to implement mega too on next version?
That would be great!
Thanks for your hard work!

Sent from somewhere around the world

I will definitely add the Mega service. Please be patient, however, because currently I am working on a new feature that you will find extremely useful.

Thank you for your feedback!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vasilis77 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vasilis77 Ad-Free
9th May 2014, 06:56 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Amazing!

Gửi từ LG-D802 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk
9th May 2014, 07:16 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
When I try to sign into google drive, after I sign in it asks for 2 step verification. When I switch to my authenticator app it removes my sign in data and I have to start the process all over. By the time I sign in, my code has expired. Therefore I have no way to sign into google drive
9th May 2014, 07:17 PM |#8  
Flag gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 1,104

Donate to Me
More
awesome app
app i have been waiting for months. thank you......
had request about mega. but you already answered it.
9th May 2014, 07:21 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi the idea of this application is really, great but before I install it, could you please explain why do you need each permission please ? Because I dont see the interest for the geolocalisation ? (the other are quite simple to guess)

Thanks
9th May 2014, 08:13 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 255

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badi95

When I try to sign into google drive, after I sign in it asks for 2 step verification. When I switch to my authenticator app it removes my sign in data and I have to start the process all over. By the time I sign in, my code has expired. Therefore I have no way to sign into google drive

You can use the option given in the Two Step Verification when you don't have Google Authneticator present. Here you can send the code to another mobile whose number you have configured or you can even send it to your own mobile and check your SMS easily.

Or, you can log in to your account from your mobile browser and select "Don't ask code on this computer again" and then log in from the app.

Another option: Go to the account settings page and take a printout of the codes for two step verification, or just note it down.
9th May 2014, 09:43 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chido42

Hi the idea of this application is really, great but before I install it, could you please explain why do you need each permission please ? Because I dont see the interest for the geolocalisation ? (the other are quite simple to guess)

Thanks

First of all thank you all for your nice feedback.

@chido, let me clarify that the GPS is not turned on, you will never see the GPS icon in the bar!! Because this app has ads, the advertisers require to have the ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION permission. This is purely because they want to serve better ads.

Here is the link to the Rainbow Privacy Policy There you will also find screenshots from the iOS version, and you can find a list of all the features that the Android version will soon have.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any concerns that you may have
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)