Hello xda forum members/users/visitors !
Today I am sharing with you how to convert a bootanimation.zip into a bootsamsung.qmg or bootsamsungloop.qmg
Pretty simple steps !
I did my best to make the tutorial simplier for NOOBS (like me)
What you need:
- Samsung Theme Designer
- bootanimation.zip you want to convert
- And the most important thing: A working brain
Step 1: Converting to bootsamsung.qmg
1) Download and install above programs
2) Open up Samsung Theme Designer
3) Click on the "ST" icon
3) Chose "Create New Theme"
4) Let it on "Non-touchscreen phone" and click "Ok"
5) In phones list click "GT-5520(Spring)", on the right side, click "Default", then give a name to your project and then "Ok"
6) Now, on the left side, click "Idle background", go to the right side, click "Background Type" and set it to "Animated"
7) Go to the downloaded bootanimation.zip, extract it somewhere, open up the extracted folder, go to part0 or part1 and look at the number items in the folder (lower left side)
8) Go back to Samsung Theme Designer, click "Frame", write the number of your bootanimation picture and hit "Enter" (on your Keyboard )
9) Now for "Durattion", you need a working "Brain" ! Open desc.txt of your bootanimation, look for "XXp" (XX stand for a number) Exemple:
480 800 14p 0 0 part1 (here we need 14p)
Try to convert by refering to this:
1000 / 20 FPS = 50 ms
1000 / 25 FPS = 40 ms
Note: You may simply put "30" or "50" if you don't know how to do the conversion
10) Go to part0/part1 folder of your bootanimation (extracted), select all pictures, Drag and Drop them into "Animation Object Window" in Samsung Theme Designer
11) Now save the theme (just in case you need it again)
12) Click "Export Theme" then "Export", Accept agreement, and click "Confirm". Now the program will compress the bootanimation. It may
take long time if you've many pictures !
13) When finished, click "Ok" and a poup-up will come out, click "Yes"
14) Now right click on "yourprojectname.smt" and open in "7zip"
15) Click on "IdleBgAnimObj.qmg" and extract it to somewhere.
16) Go to the Extracted file and rename it from IdleBgAnimObj.qmg to bootsamsung.qmg and transfer it to your phone. Now push into system/media and give a rw-r-r permission
Step 2: Converting into bootsamsungloop.qmg:
1) Repeat sub-step 1 to 6 of step 1.
2) After step 6, click "Repeat" (under "Duration") and set it to "True"
3) Now Continue with the rest of step 1
4) For renaming, rename it to "bootsamsungloop.qmg" instead.
1) You should use files in part1 folder for step 1 and the ones in part0 folder for step 2
2) Use the same files if you don't have part0 and part1
3) Basically type "50" in sub-step 9 of step 1 if you canNOT find the right number
Without bootsamsungloop.qmg your device will go boot loop !
Always make a nandroid backup or a backup of bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg (only if you've TWRP or PhilzTouch w/ AromeFM) just in case anything goes wrong.
Hope you like it.