CyanogenMod (pronounced /saɪ.'æn.oʊ.dʒɛn.mɒd/) is an enhanced open source firmware distribution for smartphones and tablet computers based on the Android mobile operating system. It offers features and options not found in the official firmware distributed by vendors of these devices.Notable features:
Features supported by CyanogenMod include native theming support, FLAC audio codec support, a large Access Point Name list, an OpenVPN client, an enhanced reboot menu, support for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and USB tethering, CPU overclocking and other performance enhancements, soft buttons and other "tablet tweaks", toggles in the notification pull-down (such as wi-fi, Bluetooth and GPS), app permissions management, as well as other interface enhancements. CyanogenMod does not contain spyware or bloatware. In many cases, CyanogenMod may increase performance and reliability compared with official firmware releases.
CyanogenMod is developed as free and open source software based on the official releases of Android by Google, with added original and third-party code.
Source: CyanogenMod Wiki
- Uses 3.4.0 kernel based off of pure CAF KitKat sources (∞ thanks to Flemmard and shantur for their amazing fixes; read the 4th post for an explanation on what CAF means)
- 613MB of usable RAM
- Self-powered USB OTG
- Uses Ion memory allocator for everything: audio, display, video playback, camera, etc. (big thanks to shantur, Flemmard, and SebastiaFM for Ion camera)
- CAF KitKat Ion, framebuffer, video controller drivers, media HAL, and display HAL
- CAF Jelly Bean GPU drivers (from CAF branch jb_2.5)
- Hardware vsync
- No Maps 7 glitches, Google Chrome glitches, Browser glitches, Gmail glitches, etc.
- SELinux (Security-Enhanced Linux) enabled and set to Enforcing for better security
- Newer Adreno graphics libraries (smoother graphics): AU_LINUX_ANDROID_JB_2.5.5.04.02.02.092.059
- 4.0.0056HMQ RIL
- Some issues with VoIP reported (this happens with all KitKat ROMs on the Sensation)
- Shortcuts for apps stored on SD card disappear from the launcher homescreen after a reboot (also happens with all KitKat ROMs on the Sensation)
Video (thanks to @EZY-E!)
It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to do a standard full wipe (factory reset: wipe /cache and /data) if you are coming from a different ROM, then install the ROM and gapps for Android 4.4. If you're coming from a CM10.2 ROM then it is possible to dirty flash this ROM over your current setup and install gapps for 4.4 without wiping anything; HOWEVER, if you encounter ANY issues with this setup then I will not help you fix them. I will only listen to your issues if you perform a full wipe before installing this ROM for the first time. When there is an update available it is OK to dirty-flash the update, but don't forget to wipe /cache and Dalvik cache.
Detailed installation steps:
- Download and install the latest 4ext recovery from HERE (you must have v188.8.131.52 RC2 or newer installed)
- Download the ROM and Gapps (Google apps)
- Reboot to recovery
- Perform a full wipe (you should only need to do this if this is your first time installing the ROM)
- Flash the ROM zip
- Flash the gapps zip
- OPTIONAL: Flash the kernel Aroma installer if you want to customize the kernel's settings
- Move profits to Swiss banks to evade taxes
Sultan kernel CAF 3.4 (cm-11.0 branch): https://github.com/sultanxda/sultan-...yramid-CAF-3.4
Device tree (cm-11.0 branch): https://github.com/sultanxda/android_device_htc_pyramid
Vendor binaries (cm-11.0 branch): https://github.com/sultanxda/android_vendor_htc
My manifest (cm-11.0 branch): https://github.com/sultanxda/Android
Credits (in no particular order):
The CyanogenMod team
All CyanogenMod contributors
CAF (Code Aurora Forum, these are Qualcomm engineers)
CRACING (for the banner on top of the thread)
PA for the gapps
If I forgot you then slap me and force me to use an iPhone 4 running iOS8
Please read through the OP before posting in the thread.
You must have 4ext recovery v184.108.40.206 RC2 or newer in order to install this ROM. Otherwise you will get a status 0 error upon installation.
Google Apps: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=15801
Kernel Aroma installer: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=f...&sort_dir=DESC
CM11 with CAF 3.4.0 kernel, ROM for the HTC Sensation
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CyanogenMod
Last Updated 2014-12-07