FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[WIP][HELP]MobileData Toggle on 4.4.2 i337m

407 posts
Thanks Meter: 257

By vicl89, Senior Member on 12th March 2014, 06:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Is there any way to enable MobileData toggle on 4.4.2 Canadian Galaxy s4 (i337m)

In the T-Mobile forums I found this tutorial:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0#post43042030

But when I try to edit with SQLite Editor, it displays an Error (Error 14)

Well... I tried other way to edit via Ubuntu without success, but I have some clues based on the thread above:
  • In data/data/com.android.providers.settings/database you will find settings.db
  • Open with SQLite Database Browser and go to "Browser Data" tab
  • Select "System" in table and scroll down until you find this value name: notification_panel_active_app_list
  • In "value" you will find all the features enabled (Wifi;Location;SilentMode...etc.)
  • But if you put "MobileData;" after "AirplaneMode" value, save and pull to the original place fixing permissions with root explorer, you will get a eternal Samsung logo after reboot... so

Is there a way to enable toogles in Quick Settings?

14th March 2014, 12:52 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ensenada, Baja California

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika71

Added only MobileData;

Does it works in your device?
18th March 2014, 11:18 AM |#4  
Flag Cambridge
Thanks Meter: 873

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicl89

Is there any way to enable MobileData toggle on 4.4.2 Canadian Galaxy s4 (i337m)

Well... I tried other way to edit via Ubuntu without success, but I have some clues based on the thread above:

• In data/data/com.android.providers.settings/database you will find settings.db
  • Select "System" in table and scroll down until you find this value name: notification_panel_active_app_list
  • In "value" you will find all the features enabled (Wifi;Location;SilentMode...etc.)
  • But if you put "MobileData;" after "AirplaneMode" value, save and pull to the original place fixing permissions with root explorer, you will get a eternal Samsung logo after reboot... so

What I did was replace system.apk and system.odex. backed them up and replaced with system.apk grin Maple Leaf ROM.

This showed me to use the sqlite editor method.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Spacemonkie4207 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Spacemonkie4207 Ad-Free
18th March 2014, 11:46 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkie4207

What I did was replace system.apk and system.odex. backed them up and replaced with system.apk grin Maple Leaf ROM.

This showed me to use the sqlite editor method.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Can you upload the apk in a server please? Did it work for you? Please send me some screenshots if you can. Thanks!
19th March 2014, 09:44 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Talking I resolved
Quote:

Try with this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ueller.dbadmin
The Following User Says Thank You to Superman19 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Superman19 Ad-Free
20th March 2014, 08:37 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman19

Try with this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ueller.dbadmin

Thanks! it worked
2nd April 2014, 01:24 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:

Thanks! it worked

I can´t make it, maybe I´m not using correctly the SQLite Debugger app. Please help me.
2nd April 2014, 04:14 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by altitud63

I can´t make it, maybe I´m not using correctly the SQLite Debugger app. Please help me.

In my case the SQLite app didn't work for me, try SQLite Debugger and problem solved!
2nd April 2014, 07:52 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:

In my case the SQLite app didn't work for me, try SQLite Debugger and problem solved!

Thats the one I´m using, I do the changes, but when I restart still there is no Data Toogle ...I will keep trying.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)